Infinity Beta 50 vs Klipsch RF82

Username: Rodr800

Post Number: 1
Hi Guys,
I want to buy a new set of floorstanding speakers and I am trying to decide between Infinity Beta 50 and Klipsch RF 82.
I will use them for 60% music and 40% movies.
I got a Yamaha RV-V2600 receiver + Adcom 555 amplifier for my front speakers.
Please help...

Bronze Member
Username: Shane24

Post Number: 41
i not to sure abt klipsch but the beta 50 is absolutely stunning miguel.. i listened to rock(hard),drum&bass, r&b and a little country..
what i liked abt them is their bass was deep, even in their midrange area and tweets were good..
i don't know for abt sourround,, but using them for music.. would be in my opinion a first choice..
i heard them driven by a nad integrated amp..(150 watts per channel..)..
keep checkin with other members and their feedback.. u'll get a better picture.. cheers...

Post Number: 2
Thanks shane, I bought the Klipschs RF82 one week ago from Best Buy $1,000 + Tax but the sound specially the highs are weak, maybe because it is a 2 way speakers. I got 30 days money back so I am thinking about the Beta 50
(I can get them for $500.00 a pair including freight). My concern is sound quality and power handling. All the speakers in my car are infinity, even my sub so I know the quality of this brand. Thanks again.

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 458
what are you driving them with? Klipsch speakers do NOT have weak highs. If anything, they are bright (highs that are too loud).

IMHO, Infinity car speakers have tweeters that are WAY too bright, and beyond tinny, so that may be why you think you are missing your highs.

Post Number: 3
Thanks Gavin, I am trying to decide between Infinity Beta 50 and Klipsch RF 82.
I will use them for 60% music and 40% movies.
I got a Yamaha RV-V2600 receiver + Adcom 555 amplifier (200 watt/ch) for my front L/R speakers. I got a pair of JBL Northridge series N38II with 175 watts max and I'd like to upgraded them. My budged is $1,000.00 for 2 speakers. what do you thing?

Silver Member

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 477
the highs with that combo would sound bright to my ears. IMHO, you are used to the bright tweets in your car..

IMHO, the klipsch are better speakers, but this is personal preference. The infinity are warmer while the klipsch are more detailed and have brighter treble and tighter bass.

Post Number: 4
Thanks, what do you think about Polk RTi 10 speaker?

Silver Member

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 479
I think they Infinity sound better.

Silver Member

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 480
oops...sorry... The RTi aren't bad. They are on par with the infinity. The Polk Monitor series are terrible. I was typing before I was thinking.

my bad.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6497
Polks new ones are due out soon, I think.

Post Number: 6
So.... in your opinion, if you have to spend $1,000.00 for a new set of floorstanding speakers, with a minimum of 225 watt for 60% music and 40% HT, what will be your best choice?
By the way, thank you guys for all your help. I have been looking, researching, investigating, etc. for more than 6 months and it is not easy to find a good pair specially with a tied budget.
cheers.

Bronze Member
Username: Shane24

Post Number: 74
hey miguel, i did check out the RF-83 though, they r abt 1800-1900$ a pair, and man they sounded stupendous... the high-lows were flawless
bass was deep, was also crisp, clean and sounded damn good.. If u ask me now,I would say the infinity beta 50 won't stand a chance against the rf-83 by a long shot....

Silver Member
Username: Eib_nation

Ohio EIBville

Post Number: 164
The Infinity Beta 50s arent even in the same league with the RF-82s, but that shouldnt be a surprise considering they cost half as much.

Silver Member
Username: Uback007

Columbus , Ohio USA

Post Number: 212
I would look at PSB T55's or T65's available from audiophileliquidator.net Here's the link: http://www.audiophileliquidator.net/index.php?cPath=35_30_43&page=4
I am not personally a fan of Klipsch, Polk or JBL -anything that my local Best Buy store would carry. This is my opinion, however. There products are not bad, however I think that there are speakers out there that perform a lot better within your budget. These brands have spent a lot of money in marketing and facilitating relationships with these big box stores to carry their lines. I think that there is a trade-off here. Yes, having a conveniently located Best Buy or Circuit City allows for you to see their products a lot easier than driving around to audio stores. However, the extra due diligence on your part could pay off in a lot more speaker for the money. I would also look at Monitor Audio RS6- $999 list. Awesome speaker and VERY favorably reviewed in the audio press. Check them out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us