Speakers

Username: Mcnab

Sierra Vista, Arizona USA

Post Number: 4
I am building a house and want to put speakers in several small rooms including bathrooms. I am looking for a good dual tweeter stereo speaker so I can get stereo sound out of one speaker in a small room. Any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 468
Many manufacturers make speakers like this. I would try Paradigm, but this is personal preference.

www.paradigm.com

Silver Member

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 469
I think klipsch also manufactures speakers like this, but am not sure.

www.klipsch.com

Just about any company that makes in-wall and in-ceiling speakers will make a speaker like this.

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 2027
Well I'll back Paradigm up. I don't know about Klipsch. While I was at church camp they blew the tweets and mids on the speakers (Klipsch) and each speak was getting 500w so I guess what happened is they really did overpower the tweets and mids with too much clean power (maybe QSC doesn't give clean power or maybe it wasn't giving as clean of power at lower output levels).

Silver Member

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 473
Klipsch are almost impossible to blow. A local danceclub uses fully horn loaded klipsch speakers, right down to 6 dual woofer basshorns. My ears will give out before the sound reinforcement system will EVER begin to cry uncle.

I have no clue how they managed to blow those things, or how loud it was.

But, I was at a concert in 2002 where the FOH managed to blow a couple Commnity AirForce speakers, and those suckers will play LOUD!!! Needless to say, I had plugs in.

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 2031
When I first went to the camp 2 years ago, I had to cover my ears because they had it up so loud with those same speaks. I might also mention I was out in the field pretty far away when it didn't seem that loud. It's pretty hard to judge how far, but I'll guess I was about 2000ft away. I really don't know how they blew them, but they kept playing them even louder after that and I don't know if that would hurt the amp or crossovers because only the LF drivers were working then.

If I had been up close watching what they did maybe I could have figured out what they did to blow them. They use JBLs in the main chapel down at the camp and those will play LOUD as well! I could hear it (the bass) way out about half a mile away I'm guessing I was. In the building it still sounded great and wasn't really that loud, the bass was just pumped up. I liked it.

Also, they always have buckets of water, water balloons, and lots of water to get us wet. Sometimes water balloons get thrown back at the rec team and hit the sound equipment. That might've had something to do with it.

Silver Member

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 474
"Klipsch are almost impossible to blow."

at least the upper end pro stuff.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1975
Mike,

Please don't expect good quality sound or decent stereo separation from a speaker with dual tweeters. They're not very good at the best of times. If all you want is some sound in a bathroom from a ceiling speaker, then it will do this, but that's all. The brand I'd urge you to have a look at would be Speakercraft who are probably the best at this game, but like I said before, don't expect too much.

Regards,
Frank.

Silver Member

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 484
right on Frank

I forgot about Speakercraft.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help