Recommendation needed-Experts only please :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Unreal_t

United States

Post Number: 70
I am looking for a pair of speakers to go along with my Harman Kardon HK 3480 stereo receiver. I will not use an amp due to budget. I am looking for a pair that will supply with some really smooth, crisp, and nice highs and good midrange with a punch of bass. I do have a Polk Audio 12 inch subwoofer by the way. I listen to mainly rock. Budget for speakers~ 700 factory fresh.
If you can maybe recommend a good amp and pair of speakers that total my budget thats good too. THANKS!

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1644
There are very, very few if any experts here.

Bronze Member
Username: Unreal_t

United States

Post Number: 71
ok well then anyone...

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6453
Tommy, if your taste in women is as adaptable as your flexibility in advise seeking...then 6 beers and all possibilities are there.

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 470
If you like rock, than check out Klipsch speakers. I would advise you to look at both the Synergy line and Reference lineup as well. They are clean, clear, and have an "in your face" sound that is suited for rock, with nice tight bass from the larger bookshelf speakers and floorstanders. The reference speakers are better than the synergy speakers, but some can't justify the added cost.

Others here may advise you with other brands.

Silver Member
Username: Uback007

Post Number: 173
I have to concur on the Klipsch stuff. I had a Adcom/Klipsch set up in college and it would tear the roof off of my house. Lots of slam and low end for the money. You may also look at Audiogon and search for pre-owned B&W 600 series like a 603 or 604 floorstanders. You may have to stretch your budget a tiny bit, but they are pretty nice speakers that would serve you well.
If your heart is set on new, you may look at Axiom.com they are a direct to consumer outfit and I've heard good things about their stuff.
Also, be sure to check out AudioAdvisor.com and audiophileliquidator.com They have PSB speakers and a lot of others in your price range. The sky is the limit in finding a speaker in your price range. Take your time and try to listen to as much you can. Good Luck and let us know what you end up doing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us