Harmon Kardon AVR525 volume problems

Username: Scalance

Post Number: 1
I own an AVR525 model and the unit runs fine for about 10 minutes and then the volume increases to the maximum. I am not sure what to do. I took it to 2 repair shops recommended by HK when the unit was in warranty and they could n't replicate the problem. What do I do now? I sacred of running this AMP as the volume just increases by itself and am sacred of destroying my expensive speakers....please help

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 444
Yea, Thats horrible I've got the avr245 and its pretty loud at 0 so I can imagen what your talking about.

E-mail/call them and tell them that didnt work

Or

Buy anothor and put the broken one back in the box and take it back ? - Crappy idea

Username: Bubbajoejimbob

Post Number: 1
Ronit, I have an AVR-525 and it has done the same thing twice over a 3 year period. The first time it did it (about a year-and-a-half ago) I called Harmon and they had me send it to Audio Wizard in Scottsdale, AZ. The folks at Audio Wizard replaced the entire volume control. This was all done under Warranty and it fixed the problem until 3 months ago. I called Harmon again and complained and although the unit was out of Warranty, they had me send the unit to Audio Wizard again and they fixed it for free. I just got the unit back and plan to hook it up tonight or tomorrow.

Wherever you take your unit, just tell them to replace the volume control and call it good. If it weren't for the fact that I love this amp, I would replace it with something else. Good luck.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6860
ouch.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us