Add separate amp to NAD 7020?

Hey all,
I just got a NAD 7020 and the amp section only plays through the right channel. Should I bother trying to get it fixed, or should I just buy another amp? I am new to all this stereo stuff, but have been reading many reviews and am trying to piece together a good system for less than $1000. I have read that many people just use there 7020 as a pre-amp anyway. What amp could I find online that would sound better than the original NAD 7020 amp without costing $400? Is it better to stick with NAD, or should I get another kind of amp? Also,I have a Denon turntable and a Denon DCM-370 CD player. How important are good interconnects and speaker wire? What kinds would work well with this system?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Richard V. Gilpin
I, too, look forward to responses to this question. My NAD 7020 also refuses to play the left channel. What is different for me is that I have had this problem before, and sometime in the late 90's I had the amplifier replaced. But the problem has returned. I'm wondering why this unit is burning out only the left channel every few years.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us