NAD C542

Bronze Member
Username: Darrenmc

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Post Number: 16
After researching several cd players, this looks like it will probably be my choice based on my budget. I heard this player at a local dealer's shop and it was impressive. If you own this player or have experience with it please post your comments, good or bad. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1263
Hard to beat for the price Darren. I've only just traded up from the C542, but it took twice the price to make it worthwhile.

Silver Member
Username: Jingka99

Kuala LumpurMalaysia

Post Number: 144
Agree with M.R., this CDP is hard to beat in this price range, one of the best price-to-performance ratio IMHO....you'll have to spend more money to find a more musical player than this...

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4299
I'm with the previous 2 posters. I used to own the 542 and it was a very musical performer.

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 191
It depends how you are going to hook it up. If you are going to use a digital connection, it is an expensive solution.

If you are an analog guy, well, it may just be your cup of tea.

Bronze Member
Username: Starbucks

Post Number: 14
I owned this player few months ago...

Very nice sounds. No complain. You should go for it.

Try different interconnect and u may find little surprise in the performance.

:-)

Username: Tomacco

Carp, ON Canada

Post Number: 5
Thanks - it's been recommended before.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2207
Eric - your point being?

Username: Yiun

Post Number: 2
Hi Frank,

I just bought mine from eBay. It sounds very good to me. It is not the best but for the price I paid (AUD455). It is so far the best value for money. The human voice stands out and I am also satisfied with the sound stage and the image. The only trouble I have at the moment is to find a pair of interconnects to match it. But it sounds really good even on a standard (Red & White) interconnects. I am using a NAD T760 Amp and a pair of Monitor Audio speakers.

All the best.

Silver Member
Username: Sun_king

UK

Post Number: 399
I had one in my system for 10 months and loved it. As others have said, it took significantly more outlay to better it. Oops, just seen this is an old thread - that's probably what Eric meant.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us