Denon AVR-4802 or Integra DTR 8.2

I'm looking for a 7.1 receiver. So far I like the Integra DTR 8.2 and the Denon AVR-4802, any suggestions?
Also, any ideas on where I can buy the 8.2 (I can find the 9.1 and the 7.1 on-line, but not the 8.2)
then, with the Denon, I find both the AVR-4802, and the AVR-48000 (what's the difference).

thanks for the input.

I am a Integra dealer and I recommended not buying online Integra does not promote online sales the voids all warranties.If you don't have a local dealer you can contact me at rodccs3300@yahoo.com maybe I can help you or call me at 517 264 0017 ask for Rod at Carter's custom sound.

I WOULD RECCOMEND THE DENON 4802. I OWN ONE AND I THINK IT IS THE BEST RECIEVER ARROUND BAR DENON 5800 (WHICH OFCOURSE IS MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE). MY RECCOMENDATION IS BASED ON THE BASIC FACT THAT IT IS A MUCH MORE MUSICAL PERFORMER AND ALSO IT IS THX ULTRA CERTIFIED AS COMPARED TO THE ONKYO INTEGRA WHICH IS THX SELECT. THX ULTRA BEING A HIGHER LEVEL OF SPECIFICATION THAN THX SELECT.

4800 IS THE OLDER MODEL OF THE 4802. IT HAS BUILT IN AMPLIFICATION FOR ONLY 5 CHANNELS, SO U HAVE TO USE AN EXTERNAL POWER AMP (DENON POA-T10 IS THE MATCHING AMP) TO GET A FULL 7 CHANNELS OF SOUND. 4802 HAS BUILTIN AMPLIFICATION FOR SEVEN CHANNELS. ALSO 4800 DOES NOT DO : D0LBY PROLOGIC 2, DTS NEO 6.I, OR DTS ES DESCRETE 6.1. IT ONLY DOES DTS ES MATRIX 6.1 & THX EX AMONGST THE EXTENDED SURROUND FORMATS. 4802 DECODES ALL THE ABOVE FORMATS (WHICH TAKES CARE OF ALL THE POSSIBLE AVAILABLE MULTICHANNEL FORMALS !!!)

I HOPE THIS HELPS U MAKE UP YOUR MIND. BUT AGAIN YOUR EARS ARE THE BEST JUDGE. I WOULD SAY U LISTEN TO BOTH THOROUGHLY BEFORE U DECIDE. WISHING U LOTS OF AV PLEASURE.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us