Whats the quality of this A\V receiver

Username: Mrbear

Vancouver, B.C. Canada

Post Number: 3
I am looking to buy a JVC RX-6030 VBK for my home theatre set up.Any info, good or bad would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 1857
I'd say bad with my previous experience of JVC products. If you're going to build an HT, how about you just state your budget, what you're looking for, and I'm sure help will be on the way.

Gold Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 1238
JVC, like almost all mass market brands, are made to the lowest cost at the expense of quality. If it produces sound, it is good to go.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6275
Mrbear, there is soooooooo much better stuff out there.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9965

If this is what you can afford, then it is the best you can do and what we say is immaterial. Do be forewarned that when this receiver breaks, it will not be worth paying for the repair charges. If you are looking for disposable receiver product, this is it.

Vancouver, B.C. Canada

Post Number: 6
Jan, This receiver is still in the box has never been used. It's from a friend who's father bought it at 80 years of age and passed away before he got around to hooking it up.It is still in original packaging,never been opened.And the price seems good for a receiver in this shape. Yhanks for responding

Bronze Member
Username: Alright_boy

Post Number: 43
In short, it sucks. But if you like it, keep grooving.

Silver Member
Username: Serniter

Piscataway, New Jersey USA

Post Number: 139
It will probably do with small satellite speakers. Not with demanding bookshelf or tower speakers.

Bronze Member
Username: Chicomoralessxm

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 74
Well in short i've always been told you should expect to get what you pay for. As long you like what you paid for thats what counts.

Bronze Member
Username: T2t

Post Number: 19
JVC isn't quite as bad as some of the members are making the company out to be. In fact, their receivers from a few years back used to put out some pretty respectable power numbers when compared to others like Onkyo and Yamaha. Don't get me wrong, those are good companies, too.

I purchased a used JVC 778 a few weeks back for $35. It's in very good shape, features the ability to adjust the crossover (80, 100, 120Hz). JVC had an adjustable crossover in their receiver before many other companies did - Yamaha and Marantz seemed to take a longer time to adopt this concept.

For me, I'm happier with the audio this receiver produces over the 2 month old Pioneer Elite that I sold off.

Buy what you like. Buy what matters to you. If I had read the negative comments about the JVC, I probably would have overlooked it. Instead, I have a nice 25+ Lb. receiver for my 2.1 audio and it sounds great!

Vancouver, B.C. Canada

Post Number: 8
T2T, Yeah, I have gotten a lot of bad reviews about this receiver,however it is new or never used and it fits for my budget,also I don't expect it to compare with much higher priced equipment.I personally have never had a bad expienence with JVC,but then I have only owned one other piece of their stuff. My other question is should I hook-up Klh model 630 speakers or Wharfedale Mach 3?I think the wharfedale are a few years old but are in excellent shape. Any thoughts? Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us