Post Number: 172
hey guys anyone have any experience with these

http://www.miragespeakers.com/v2/product_page.php?open=types&subid=692&id=876#

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=12000&I=653OMD15 B

I've heard mirage but not these and wanna know the skinny

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6228
Mirage, another Canadian company, is no more.
Shoot the dice for parts and support.
If a good price, then a good deal.
I liked their dipole surrounds.

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 414
Nuck, Mirage still exits...

They just released an audiophile lineup called OM-design. I believe the top end speaker is priced around $7600 per pair.

Upload

Silver Member

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 415
there are some better pics here... it is one of the best looking speakers I have ever laid eyes upon.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=721369

Gold Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 1235
Nuck:

Mirage is part of API, along with Athena, which in turn is owned by Klipsch. How can you say it is no more when the OP has a link to their website?

Silver Member

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 416
The OMD 15 are great bookshelf speakers. They are rich and slightly warm. The images they are capable of throwing are stunning. The OMD-15 is one multipolar speaker that does NOT seem to distort the image size.

They are also very clean and clear, but not bright. They are great for Jazz and Pop, but have not heard rock on them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6238
Hawk, I can say that because of bad intel.
I happily stand corrected. Mirage went under about the same time as Angstrom, and both seem to be lurking about just under the radar.

Good link, Gavin. I agree on the look! Where did you hear them?

Silver Member

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 417
I have heard the OMD-15, but not the floorstanders...they are harder to come by.

Silver Member

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 418
oops... I meant the OMD-5. I typed the 15 because that was what the OP was interested in it. The OMD-5 was the bookshelf that I heard.

There is a user in the avsforum page I provided that bought the 15's, and was very impressed by the performance.

Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't thinking with both sides of my brain :-)

I heard the OMD-5 at "Northern Audio" in Pittsburgh. They also carry Paradigm Studio Signature series, so I made an appointment to hear the S2 in a different setting from my local dealer before I went to Cleveland for a wedding. I flew into Pittsburgh, so we went there shortly after I landed.

The S2 were even better there than at my local dealer. I noticed the new Mirage speakers sitting out, and asked if I could hear those as well. They really surprised me for the clean, rich sound and immense image they threw. I wouldn't state that they were on the same plane as the S2 (around $800 for the pair, less than half the price) but I really enjoyed them, and felt that they were a really worthy contender in that price range.

I have not purchased anything yet, and am not even sure I will. When I am so satisfied with my MMG's, spending all that extra money seems foolish right now.

Gold Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 1239
Bad intel?!!!! Things must be really different in the Great White North. I have recently seen Mirage in a half a dozen dealers in my area, including The Great Indoors (a Sears owned decorating superstore chain) and Ultimate Electronics (a 100+ chain of electronics stores). They seem to be thriving where I am.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6268
I havn't been in the right shops then.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us