Best sub $500 floor loudspeakers for JBL DCR600-Z receiver?

Username: Brannigan

Post Number: 1
Hello all. This is my first post and I'm completely new to all of this stuff. I'm hoping someone can help me cheat and recommend me the best stereo speakers for this receiver. (75w per channel stereo mode)
http://www.harmanaudio.com/search_browse/product_detail.asp?urlMaterialNumber=DC R600-Z&status=
I'll be using them for movies and music but surround sound is unimportant to me. I just want something well rounded. I was thinking about these
http://www.harmanaudio.com/search_browse/product_detail.asp?urlMaterialNumber=ST ADIUM-Z&status=
but like I said I really have no idea so any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6023
Maybe check out the Athena f2.2 speaks.
Not bad.

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your advice. I looked into them a little and they seem pretty nice. While I was searching around I came across these Acoustech HT-75's.
http://www.acousticsounddesign.com/core/view_BigProduct.cfm?pid=1063&sc=32&t=226
Opinions? They're cheaper and some think they're better but I thought I'd ask before doing anythink crazy.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6031
Brannigan, I have only heard the Athena's and liked them, with a H/K receiver. No heavy listening. Ya gotta try them in your room, to know.

Love the Nick.

Post Number: 3
Thanks

Post Number: 4
Well, everything I could dig up on the Athena F2.2's was extremely positive so I went ahead and ordered them for $415 shipped for the pair. Seems like a good price and hopefully it's not a scam or something. Thanks for you're help, I'll post back with my amateurish review once I've tried them out.

Post Number: 5
The Athenas finally came in today. Wow. I'm impressed. Granted, I've never heard $50,000 speakers like some people around here but they easily blow away my ancient patched together speakers I've been using for years, and, in my opinion, my dads beloved vintage jbl monitor surround setup. Primus's pork soda album sounds especially amazing. Thanks for the idea Nuck. Now I have to figure out how to get a replacement for the one that was damaged in shipping without losing more money sending it back to the seller.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I can already tell that were gonna be best friends. Keep em' coming.

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3122
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
What happened to all of the other posts? Why is this guy harassing me?

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3136
Because you're Dallas, right?

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3137
Come on mate be reasonable you where trolling only a few weeks ago, but if you not Dallas, thousand apologies all around.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
I don't know who that is. I just needed advice on what speakers to get. This is my first thread on the forum.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6310
Ignore the chaff, Spanky, glad you like the speaks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us