Sony vs JBL

Bronze Member
Username: Prideboy

Omaha, NE USA

Post Number: 11
I found a speaker that is about the same price as the Control ONE at Best Buy and the Sony SS-MB350H looks like a great speaker and it says that it goes to 50khz high and it uses Kevlar woofers and mid range but I guess I was wondering is that is the Control ONE better than the big Sony bookshelf one? I will be mainly using them for music listening and for playing games on my PC since my receiver is connected to my desktop PC.

Here's a link to the Sonys I'am thinking to buy.

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/_3Cwbr+target=_blank_3EINTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/St ore/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=SSMB350H&Dept=tvvideo &CategoryName=hav_HiFiComponents_Speakers

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13054
Yup, that Sony looks like it is great...but no they are not.

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 384
If you're looking for a relatively cheap but good speaker, try out the Insignia bookshelf from Best Buy Dallas.

Silver Member
Username: Serniter

Piscataway, New Jersey USA

Post Number: 122
I second the Insignias. This Sony speaker is not good.

Bronze Member

Omaha, NE USA

Post Number: 30
Is the Sony SS-MB150H a better speaker than the Control 1Xtreme since it goes to 50khz and has more power handling. I also see that they both are same size cones and tweeters.

Here's a link to the Sonys I am talking about.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=5378799&type=product&productCatego ryId=cat03043&id=1051806316624

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_Display ProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=SSMB150H&Dept=tvvideo&CategoryName=hav_HiFiC omponents_Speakers

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13072
No it is not. Specs mean squat on a Sony.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4130
The Sony is not a good speaker.....period. Try the Insignia or cheap Infinity's or Polk's or Mission's. Look up these brands online dealers someone will certainly have a deal on at least one model. If you're gonna throw your money away on the Sony's you might as well go find a white van and buy some speakers..at least they're big.

Bronze Member
Username: Nadz

California

Post Number: 36
Haven't you learned already that these speakers are both poor. How many people have to tell you this. Why do you keep asking the same questions. Look at companies such as Athena, PSB, Paradigm, and Energy. They all have budget speakers that are far superior to the crap your looking at.

Bronze Member

Omaha, NE USA

Post Number: 31
Have you guys heard the Sonys before?? It seems like you are very sure that the Sonys aren't good like you guys have listen to them. Have you guys compaired them to the Control 1Xtremes?

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4134
Buy what sounds good to you Dallas, after all it's your money.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13075
Dallas, you asked, and we gave you an answer. But it seems like you are bent on getting the Sony's, go for it man, more power to you.

I've listened to plenty of Sony speakers and they just don't sound good no matter what the specifications are. The thing is, most of us have listened to a lot more other speakers and Sony's just don't cut it.

You really seem impressed by the specs of the Sony, and as Art stated...it is your money. Spend it the way you see fit. Just don't ask for opinions if you are not willing to hear them out.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4135
That's it Berny.

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Post Number: 311
This guy is a troll...

a quick look of the history of SpankingVanillaIce over at the AudioReview forums reveals not only is he...

a) pestering them with questions on the JBL Control speakers, worded the same as the questions as he posted in here, but seemingly found the answers.

b) stated that he already bought a pair of Sony speakers.

this is the last time I answer one of his posts.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4136
Thanks Gavin.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us