JBL Control series

Username: Prideboy

Omaha, NE USA

Post Number: 3
I currently own the JBL Control 1Xtremes but I found a new speaker called the JBL Control ONE at Best Buy now what I'am wondering is that is the Control ONE better than my Xtremes? I did notice that the Control ONE is newer. Right now I put my Xtremes as auction but I don't know if I should sell them since if they are exactly the same then I would keep mine.

Omaha, NE USA

Post Number: 4
Here's a link to my Control 1Xtremes.

http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=CONTROL1XTREME&Languag e=ENG&Country=US&Region=USA&cat=BFS&ser=COS

Here's the Control ONE
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00009MK9S

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Post Number: 288
you need to ask Andy Summer this one. He has a HT with nothing but these speakers.

Omaha, NE USA

Post Number: 5
Ok how do I ask him? Can you tell him this post I made so he can reply?

Thank You

Omaha, NE USA

Post Number: 7
If there are other people that knows these speakers please let me know what you think about the difference between the Control ONE and the Xtremes.

Here's another link to the Control ONE.http://www.e-hifi.com.au/products/NewProductInfo.asp?i_id=90

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 1609
Here's a pic of someone using some control ones in their HT for surround.

Upload

Omaha, NE USA

Post Number: 9
WOO that's alot of Control 1. But I guess I would like to know is that is the Control ONE a upgraded version of the Xtremes? If it is I will be getting them on friday at Best Buy localy since they are on sale for $79 pair and I will sell my old Xtremes.

Bronze Member

Omaha, NE USA

Post Number: 12
Well I guess what I really need to know is that is the Control ONE the closest to the orginal Control 1 from pro? Since according to specs it really is the same but have been improved.

Silver Member

Post Number: 289
That pic is Andy's HT... the guy I tried to get post here.

If I remember right, the control 1 is the version with a better tweeter (versus Xtreme), but don't quote me on it.

Bronze Member

Omaha, NE USA

Post Number: 14
Well the Control 1 from Pro is Polycarbonate and the Xtremes and ONE is titanium-laminate. All drivers for all three the Pro and the Xtremes and ONE are the same size and type according to from what I measured but only different is the Pro version is 4 ohms and it uses Polycarbonate instead of titanium laminate.

Silver Member

Post Number: 291
then I am probably wrong. I am trying to dig up the forum at audioreview where I thought I saw this.

I would recommend holding off selling your speakers until you are certain you want to.

Bronze Member

Omaha, NE USA

Post Number: 15
Well i guess my biggest concern is that are the Control ONE better than the Xtremes I have? From what I see the both the Xtremes and the ONE is the improved version of the Control 1 from pro. As you see thay just named it differently like the Control ONE uses the word ONE instead of number 1. So maybe the Control ONE is better than the 1Xtremes but I don't know. One think I do know is that the Control ONE is newier then the Xtremes.

Silver Member

Post Number: 293
just because a speaker is newer does not mean it will sound better.

Bronze Member

Omaha, NE USA

Post Number: 16
Well do you guys think though that the Control ONE is better than the Xtremes?

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 383
Realistically, not enough to be worth the effort if it is.

What is it you are looking to accomplish with this upgrade Dallas? What do you feel your sound is missing? What does your system consist of now? And of course what are you willing to spend to get what you want?

Bronze Member

Omaha, NE USA

Post Number: 18
I'am looking for a speaker that is the closest to the orginal Control 1 from pro since I really liked the sound of the Control 1's. That's why I'am asking you guys if you think the Control ONE is closer or the Xtremes are. The biggest reason why I can't use the orginal one is since it's 4 ohms and my recever is made for 8 ohms or higher.

Bronze Member

Omaha, NE USA

Post Number: 20
The Control ONE and the Xtremes are both 8 ohms so that's why I'am trying to decide which is the best out of the two. Remember when I say ONE I don't mean Control 1 from pro that is a 4 ohms I'am talking about the Control ONE that is 8 ohms and from JBL home.

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 386
Welp, listen to both in that case!

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 2994
When used in multiples like I have designed over the coarse of a few months back in the summertime 2006, where I have calculated an approximate x5 for each sidewall spaced out with equal distance between each JBL control 1 to deliver true wrap around surround for the sidewalls.

x6 for the back wall again with equal distance spaced between them to give small but yet compact surround based on its limitations like most loudspeakers with care and attention in setting the surround array up where one might only give so much performance in sound pressure level, you need only to add on another and another until you reach the required goal.

Each one is rated at with a sensitive of 87db, frequency response is down to 80Hz while I have noticed a response down to 60Hz its not wise to push them too hard. Leave a sub bass to allow extension of the lowest frequencies.

At the present moment I'm monitoring the surrounds only with centre back and an overhead surround. I looped a scene from Terminator 2: Judgement Day where Sarah Connor, throws some keys towards one of the orderlies.

The percussion of bass hits is mild for this scene but when added with some sub bass extension it does take over.

At the moment I have delayed getting some more JBL Control 1 until around Easter time, I don't know if I want to install a few more for the overhead surround or x2 more for the sidewall surrounds as they do need a little bit more, bass kick down the sides. I think towards the back half of the wall will do just fine, placed slightly higher up.

Each surround array has been equalized and it's not a rush out buy and stick them up it takes a little planning and directing to determine where the best positions in the room that is going to work at its best.

I must have saved a fortune over dipolar and bipolar loudspeakers, each box set of JBL control set me back £49.99. The next set that I'll buy will come from a different supplier Future Projections UK, where they are doing the JBL control 1 for £35.10p, I was just going to order a set via telephone. Looks like no one's there today I guess there out on site somewhere?

I'll call tomorrow; I know I just can't resist the JBL control 1 temptation of £35.10p!

http://www.fproj.com/

http://www.fproj.com/fp_sound/speakers.html

Bronze Member

Omaha, NE USA

Post Number: 22
Well you are talking about the Control 1 from Pro that is 4 ohms. I'am talking about the Control ONE and Xtremes that is on JBL Home. The Control ONE and Xtremes use titanium laminated dome tweeters instead of Polycarbonated dome tweeeters. I did talk to JBL and they said that the Xtremes were made because soo many people liked the old Control 1C that was made a long time agao. The Control 1C is exactly the same as the Pro Control 1 from JBL Pro. So from what I hear they are saying the Xtremes is the newer version of the Control 1 so that could mean that they could have made some improvements like making the Control 1Xtremes being able to produce more lower end than the orginal Control 1 and having better highs since thay are using titanium-laminated dome tweeters instead of Polycarbonated dome tweeters.

Bronze Member

Omaha, NE USA

Post Number: 23
Anyways my quesion is about the Control ONE that was made after the Xtremes. What I need to know is that is the Control ONE more improved version of the Xtremes or is it the same as the Xtremes or is it even closer to the orginal Control 1 from pro.

Here's the Control ONE I am talking about. As you see the Control ONE is a newer version of the orginal Control 1 from pro. But it might be the exactly the same as the Xtremes since the specs are the same.

http://shopping.rediff.com/shop/storeproductdisplay.jsp?prrfnbr=10119794&strfnbr =2967

Bronze Member

Omaha, NE USA

Post Number: 24
Yes all this is very confusing since JBL made soo many Control 1 series but saddly I cant use the real orginal Control 1 from pro because of the 4 ohms. But the Control ONE and the Xtremes are 8 ohms soo they will work fine on my receiver.

Bronze Member

Omaha, NE USA

Post Number: 25
How about this "WHICH" speaker out of the two is the closest to the orginal JBL Control 1 from pro that is 4 ohms?

I really need help on this since I'am going to Best Buy tomorrow and I need to decide to get one of them.

Silver Member
Username: Eib_nation

Ohio EIBville

Post Number: 156
It looks like virtually the same speaker, so why are you considering an upgrade to what looks like essentially the same thing?

Silver Member

Post Number: 304
Why don't you just call JBL to get your answer being that none of us can provide it.

Bronze Member

Omaha, NE USA

Post Number: 26
Well JBL techs don't know about the Control ONE since it's a Eurpean version. At my local Best Buy Dealer they sell the Eurpean version some reason and I just needed to know if this Control ONE is closer to the orginal Control 1 from pro or is my Xtremes more closer. So if anyone knows please let me know.

Thank You for your help.

Bronze Member

Omaha, NE USA

Post Number: 27
I'am acutaly not looking for an upgrade but just looking for a speaker that is closest to the Pro Control 1 from JBL Pro.

Silver Member

Post Number: 305
I found your answer on the Audioreview forum.

This is a post from a fellow member....

"I asked the techs at JBL and they said this about the new JBL Control ONE compaired to JBL Control 1 Xtreme. He first thought the specs are the same on the two when I first e-mailed.

"I apologize for the confusion. We have had so many CONTROL 1 type speakers over the years, virtually all the same, that when you stated that the specs were identical, my memory told me that these were two of the same speakers. Upon further inspection my memory was refreshed. The CONTROL 1 XTREME was one of the first models to reintroduce the CONTROL 1 series to the market. It looked the same, but used smaller drivers and used a titanium laminate rather than a pure titanium tweeter. The demand for the original CONTROL 1 speakers is what brought about the re-release of the CONTROL ONE. The CONTROL ONE is the better of the two models in question"

JBL Control 1 Xtreme

http://www.jbl.com/home/products/pro...at=BFS&ser=COS

JBL Control ONE

http://www.jbl.com/home/products/pro...CheckProduct=Y
"

Silver Member

Post Number: 306
oops...those links are dead...

But, the rep that was questioned stated that the Control ONE was better than the Control 1 Xtreme.

Hope this helps.

But, you may be better off going to better speakers all the way around. Excellent small speakers exist, if size is the issue.

Bronze Member

Omaha, NE USA

Post Number: 28
Well if the Control ONE uses pure titanium then why on the owners manual it says it uses laminated dome tweeters?

Here's a link to the manual.

https://www.hci-services.com//tech_doc/documents/JBL/Home/Speakers/CONTROL/CONTR OL%20ONE/Owner%27s%20Manual/Control_One_eng.pdf

Silver Member

Post Number: 307
I have no idea... call JBL

Bronze Member
Username: Nadz

California

Post Number: 35
Gavin. The info you found on JBL about the Control Ones is the same person posting here. His name is SpankingVanillaIce on Audio Review. He's just migrated to this forum because no one listens to his questions anymore. He's just a troll and should be left alone. He just keeps asking the same questions over and over and doesent get it. Just look at his history over there.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5970
I for ONE am just dying over here. 1nce and for all lets go over it ONE more time. Take Control for 1.

Signed
Xtreme ONE

One's on first

Bronze Member

Omaha, NE USA

Post Number: 29
I'am f**k no troll I'am asking everyones opinions about these two speaker OK so STOP thinking I'am a troll.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13079
Why don't you just get these. The specs are very impressive:

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_Display ProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=SSMB150H

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13080
I kid, I kid...LOL!

Silver Member

Post Number: 312
Thanks NADz,

this guy is a troll...

a quick look of the history of SpankingVanillaIce over at the AudioReview forums reveals not only is he...

a) pestering them with questions on the JBL Control speakers, worded the same as the questions as he posted in here, but seemingly found the answers.

b) stated that he already bought a pair of Sony speakers.

this is the last time I answer one of his posts.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us