I will Never go back to SPEAKERS Again !

Bronze Member
Username: Hifisoundguy

Post Number: 76
I have been trying out some Ultrasone Proline 2500 headphones and I like these headphones better than ANY Speaker that I have EVER heard! They talk about these headphones over here http://www.headfi.org

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 1287
I heard headphones (really good ones) once and I got attracted and wondered why everyone likes speakers so much. Then I realized that I may be hearing it but it doesn't surround me the way that speakers can. I then heard a very well matched and set up ht system and bam was pulled towards surround again. For stereo, I do agree, headphones would be my way to go. Of course, you can't rock out and bang your head and jump around the house with loud music blasting without your headphones falling off. You also don't get shaken and rumbled with bass unless you're sitting with a buttkicker or something like that. You also can't shake your house to pieces with powerful subwoofers. Again, headphones are great for laid-back stereo listening. They can also blow your ears off, but not from a distance.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4097
Oh lord....

Bronze Member
Username: Jingka99

Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Post Number: 99
RW

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 382
Trolling other forums too

Bronze Member
Username: Stryvn

Post Number: 29
Those are the headphones that sound great if you're wearing a watch, yes?

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1515
Yeah,this guy is doing this on every forum.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=207948

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1578
I can't believe I'm saying this...

I've heard a pair of Ultrasones, and they are phenominal. I'm moving toward the headphone route myself for a number of reasons. I'll elaborate more when I've got time.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
I'm going to get this headphone amp later on http://www.soundstage.com/allinyourhead/allinyourhead200605.htm

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13043
Yup, he's just spamming now :-)

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Post Number: 299
Well, I also have to agree that a good headset sounds better than a speaker system of the same price (at least what I have heard). My Stax in ear set is fantastic when it comes to detail retrieval and overall accuracy. The only thing is that the imaging isn't the best I've heard, and it is VERY uncomfortable for long listening sessions.

I recently have turned to Bose for a comfortable headset for long term use (2+ hours: when I am studying in the library, or doing schoolwork) due to the headset being so comfortable I can forget I'm wearing it. I know I know... It's a Bose... :-)

Let the jokes begin :-P

I still have my stax when I really want to experience the recording, but the lack of true localazation does bother me.

Silver Member

Post Number: 300
Keep in mind that I have the Stax SR-001MKII, which is the entry level pair of Stax 'phones (or earspeakers if you're a stax fan). I would be insane to compare them with their more expensive stablemates.

Silver Member

Post Number: 301
The longer I have it, the more uncomfortable the Stax becomes. It wasn't like that right off the bat. Either that, or comfort was never really an issue at first (grado anyone?)

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5972
The Bose in-ear has been being given away by music stations all over the place. Saying that Bose is again cranking up the marketing for another product launch.
I do know that cans or plugs would make me deaf.

Will somebody answer that phone?!

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1583
"I do know that cans or plugs would make me deaf."

A very common misconception Nucko. Some may argue that because the music is 'closer to you,' details are more easily heard, and external noise may be significantly reduced (depending on design), you may actually listen at a lower dB level than you would if you were listening with speakers.

Which is louder - 100 dB from headphones, or 100 dB from speakers?

Which is heavier - 100 lb of bricks, or 100 lb of feathers?

Then again, maybe I should have converted lb to kg.

Silver Member

Post Number: 309
Nuck,

I also have the Bose IE as well, for my Ipod. I must say that the performance really surprised me. There were (possibly still are) folks over at headfi raving about the performance of this pair of phones.

Silver Member

Post Number: 310
The Bose QC2 was the set that the above post was in reference to

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
You just get a lot more for your money with headphone systems! http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue26/headfi.htm

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13081
That is so true...but are you sure it is not because of the magic clocks?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5988
I went to positivefeedback once. What a happy place!
Where do the negative feedbacks go?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13093
I gets absorbed by the magic clocks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5992
Berny, the label says 'one dose every four hours, do not exceed..yadda yadda yadda

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13095
Can you take it with alcohol??? Perhaps it will "enhance" the effect!?!

Gold Member

Post Number: 5997
Objects in the mirror may be thinker than you close

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
I went and listened to some Grado GS-1000 and I'm sending my Ultrasone headphones back and getting the Grado's! These headphones are a Major Breakthough! Here's a review http://www.audaud.com/article.php?ArticleID=2074

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13103
Grados have been around for a while.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us