What are the more naturally sounding speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Tdogroeder

Des Moines, IA

Post Number: 132
The price range would be $1000-$2000 for LCR, something that is not bright/forward.

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 1240
You mean like speakers that don't sound digital? Paradigms have a laid back signature to them. Why?

Silver Member

Des Moines, IA

Post Number: 133
Speakers that make your listening experience as close to a live performance as possible.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1242
I can still vouch for 3 brands. MartinLogan, B&W, Paradigm.

From listening I've liked all 3 about equally. MartinLogans have a great midrange, Paradigms accurately portray a sense of space, and B&Ws are very musical. This is what I got from listening. Different people listening can have different reactions.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9796

"Speakers that make your listening experience as close to a live performance as possible."

Pssssst, it ain't the speakers that manage that trick.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1245
It's all in the recording right? You can't make it sound live if it's not well recorded.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5951
TDog, grab a coffee and sit down a while...

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5952
It's all about integration and interaction.
The pieces have to work together, but there are sympathetic considerations.
This is not always a warm speaker/bright receiver consideration, but one on a more gut level.

Does it sound right to you?
How 'live' have you heard lately, and how live? Amplified?
Mine is. Thats live.

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 379
Just hire the band..................its easier

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 380
But, be sure to put the speakers next to em, makes it even more realistic

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 381
Sorry Tdog, but there is differences in what type of live you are looking for as well like Nuck has mentioned. I have personally yet to find a speaker, (which has to be amplified) sound like a live pianist unamped. Or an acoustical guitar in a small club unamped sound the same on a amplified system. Some systems can get real close, but you will spend much more than your 1500.00 to get a sniff.

Silver Member

Des Moines, IA

Post Number: 134
Guys, I guess what I am looking for is he best sounding speaker in the $1000-$2000. That offers the best detail without being bright/forward.

Thanks

Silver Member

Des Moines, IA

Post Number: 135
Guys, I guess what I am looking for is the best sounding speaker in the $1000-$2000. That offers the best detail without being bright/forward.

Thanks

Silver Member

Des Moines, IA

Post Number: 136
Guys, I guess what I am looking for is the best sounding speaker in the $1000-$2000. That offers the best detail without being bright/forward.

Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1280
Well, probably my choice would be one of these: http://www.hometheaterstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HTM7 OR the Paradigm CC-270 (both $800) paired with a B&W Asw-700 or Paradigm Seismic 10 (I give it an A from when I owned it, upgrading now). Of course, if you don't really need all that low end power say when during a movie there's a lot of low frequency content then I'm sure you'd be content with this, as would I: http://signature.paradigm.com/HTML_Site/SigProduct/C5/C5.html

Those are my preferences, yours may differ.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9797

"I guess what I am looking for is the best sounding speaker ... "

Lordigod, when is someone going to ask for the worst sounding speaker they can afford?

Nuck, it's up to you. Don't let me down.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9798

Tdog - I'm not dismissing your question but there are over 54,000 posts on the "Speakers" portion of the forum, and that's just in the Home Audio section. Do you think no one has asked for the "best sounding speakers" they can afford before you came along? Have you read any of the archived threads?

Silver Member
Username: Twebbz

Oakland Park, Florida USA

Post Number: 471
Paradigm Studio 60v4 about $1,600. Go take a listen. You'll know if they hit you right. AFTERWARDS, check out the B&W DM604s.3 about $1,400. They are a bit more forward but they are definitely fine.

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 383
What gear is being used?
That will make a difference, and not so small either.

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 384
But, just for the fun of it all, look into Dynaudio.

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1511
Onix Mini Strata $1995,Raw Acustics HT-3 $1295,ACI Sapphire XL $1500 to $1700,and Selah Audio SSR $1200 and Ohm Walsh Micro'$1000, These are the cream of the crop in this pricerange a B&M speaker new in this pricerange will not get you their for the kinda sound you are looking for,they dont offer very high quality parts at this price level.B&M speakers are to compramised at this price level with to many cheap cost cutting parts.B&M companies I would look at would be: Revel,Rega,Usher,Wharfedale,Pro Ac,Focal,Audes,PSB,Totem,some of these B&M companies I'm naming build their own drivers,so they have better handle on what they can get to sound good at relatively cheap prices,not as good as the ID companies,but these that are named are very good.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1512
Also add Epos,Magnapan and Era to that list of B&M's,damn I miss that edit option.

Silver Member

Des Moines, IA

Post Number: 137
What about AV123 RS450's?
Which Epos?

Bronze Member
Username: Eleven

Pittsburgh, PA USA

Post Number: 71
How about the best speakers for $15K to $500K each? And nothing too bright, please. I prefer a warm sound without boomy bass.

Silver Member
Username: Jingka99

Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Post Number: 107
TDog, epos M12.2, M15.2 and M22....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1516
I just did a review on the 450's on avs,yeah they are alot of speaker for the money,with a very nice Danny Richie designed crossover,the best floorstander,I've ever heard for under $1k,deeply intimate speaker by any means with the utmost soul.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9809

"Soul" is natural?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us