Walk down memory lane

Username: Pl5914

Bedok, Bedok Singapore

Post Number: 1
Pairing NAD 3020e and evo one speakers? any comments by hi-fi experts????

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1162
What Mathew? You expect to find hi-fi experts here? [grin]

I'm no expert, but really all that matters is what you think of the combination. If you are buying these without any chance of an audition, then someone might tell what they think if they have heard the combination, however it still comes back to the fact that your ears and those of others can differ to the point that their opinion should not guide your decision.

Bedok, Bedok Singapore

Post Number: 2
M.R. Thank you for your word of wisdom, appreciate it very much.

I inherited the NAD and being more than 10 years old I was surprised that it is still working. As this is my first forray into the highly exclusive and complex world of hi-fi, I have a lot to learn what is good or otherwise. I bought a new speaker, evo one to go with the NAD and found the vocal to over-powering, speaker/amp problem?

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1163
Mathew, I don't know what the problem could be. I don't know the 3020e but NAD's generally tend to the slightly warm side of neutral. I don't know the EVO 1 either, but maybe it's the alloy cone - and maybe they need to run in for a while before they settle down. Different cables may help also, but that one could be a difficult and expensive exercise to get right unless someone has had hands on experience and felt they had experienced what you are experiencing with the combo. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1164
Also Mathew, room acoustics and speaker position could come into play here. Soft furnishings and floor coverings can help neutralize bright sounds and smooth, harder furnishings and hard floors can brighten sounds. Placement such as varying speaker positions (distances) to side and rear walls, solid speaker stands, toeing in the speakers to varying degrees etc - all these can make varying degrees of differences to your listening pleasure.

Bedok, Bedok Singapore

Post Number: 3
M.R. thanks a lot for your tips. I shall try them out to see and hope to see improvement and into the realm of HIGH fidelity.

Tks a lot again mate.

Cheers

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1165
Mathew, no worries - good luck with it all.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us