New memberUsername: Djtomkins
Post Number: 1
I am looking for some creative thinking here - basically I want the best way to get decent audio in the shower, with a few must haves:
- Must have DAB radio (don't want it to be defunct before I've even installed it)
- Must have FM/AM radio (because not all stations have joined the revolution)
- Preferably has CD option (and/or MP3 disk/SD card option)
- must be controllable from within the bathroom (if not the shower)
- must be built in (or concealed in some way)
The speaker bit is easy - I know you can get waterproof speakers set into the wall. However, the only in-shower audio I could find was not DAB (and I can't even find that now - should have bookmarked it).
Alternative considered is a car stereo with DAB, but not ideal because it is against elec regs to mount them in the bathroom (and wet hands could make it go bang!)
Only other idea was a standard HIFI or seperates in a cupboard in the bathroom, connected up to the built in speakers, but this just doesn't feel that elegant.
Any ideas greatly appreciated - bathroom work starts next week so I have a ticking clock.......
Thanks in advance
Gold MemberUsername: John_a
Post Number: 4619
I'm not so sure about DAB. UK broadcasters were early adopters, and it is unlikely to last in its present form.
I'm not sure about decent audio in the shower, either. There will be serious background noise. With the shower on, perhaps you won't notice the problems with DAB.... WIth the shower off, well, isn't there a more comfortable location....? And the acoustics!