Help... as usual

Username: Dolphineye

Post Number: 1
I have a pair of Dali suite speakers driven by Arcam AVR300. I dont seem to get all i can from the speakers. Was thinking on getting a dedicated amplifier for them. Can you recommend one for me?

The other option would be to get another receiver for Home theather such as Marantz sr80001. And leave the arcam only for music.

Can any one help

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5806
D, have you seen the new Arcam 350?

You really have to describe the missing pieces from your current setup.
How much volume do you need?
The Dali's are not middle of the road.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5807
But they have their limits.

Post Number: 2
I yamaha dvd player. and tht is it.

What dou you mean they are not middle of the road?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3973
There's your problem. The Arcam AVR300 will likely outperform the Marantz amp. You need a good source.

Post Number: 3
Ok Art so what source would be more approppiate for me?

The Marantz seems good for movies as it has all the hdmi that the Arcam doe not. But again for music what is a better source. My speakers are 4ohms

Post Number: 4
I really would like a set up that is capable of reproducing music in excellent fashion and also be great for all the digital improvements of todays technologies for movies. I have a ps3 and i use the blue ray for dvd viewing. My arcam dois not have hdmi.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5815
D, how about introducing an Arcam FMJ cdp to your system?
A very good player, with matching cable, would let you really open up your 300.
Your other ancillaries could stand pat, and the fmj would give you a real sense of synergy with the receiver.

Take a look at the new 350 from Arcam. Smashing!
Watch for Frank A. to drop by.

Post Number: 5
I have looked into Arcam 350, a more powerfull
receiver but with hdmi v 1.1. for video and sound i would need hdmi v 1.2 or 1.3. My monitor is 1080p so i need that type of video management.
A beter cd player is a great idea i will look into that i just keep the avr 300 and my dalis for music. And get a separate set up for videos, dont kinow what speakes for that purpose i have a 10K budget give or take

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1922
Dolphineye,

Here's a few observations...

You don't mention your source. If you are using a basic source, this is more than likely your issue. Most sources which aren't capable just seem not to have any punch, definition or scale. The suggestion of a better source may be a good one therefore. The minimum I would consider would be a Rega Apollo.

Please tell me you are using good wires in all this! They really do make a big difference with better equipment.

If you really need more power, which is unlikely, have you considered biamping the front speakers or are you doing 7.1 already? If this is all already in place, consider the matching Arcam power amps, or even better the FMJ power amps (the P1 monoblocks are awesome).

Regards,
Frank.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1145
Frank, he said his source is a Yamaha DVD player. As Art suggested, therein lies the problem, no?

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1926
Yup, that'll do it.

Dolphineye, your Yamaha DVD player is the problem, not the Arcam.

Regards,
Frank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us