San Jose, CA USA

Post Number: 10
System:

Pre-AMP: Outlaw Model 990
AMP: Outlaw Model 7700 7-channel Balanced Amplifier

Paradigm Millenia 300 Series Pair for the front
Paradigm Millenia 30 Series for the Center Channel
Paradigm Millenia 20 Series Pair for the Rear

Budget: None really. Although, I don't want to "overkill" my system.

Media use:

* Gaming: 45%
* Watching TV/DVD Movies: 35%
* Listening to Music: 20%

Room Size: Currently less than 3000 cubic feet. This could change later on down the road at most something between 3k-4k cubic feet. I don't think it will ever be in a huge room. I like to listen to things fairly loud.

Possible combinations that were recommended to me:
VTF-3 HO + MBM-12
VTF-3.3 x 2
LFM-1 Plus x 2
LFM-1 Plus x 1

Thanks for the help.

Danny

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3947
Is there any reason that the VT2 Mk3 wouldn't work?

Bronze Member
Username: Cugine

San Jose, CA USA

Post Number: 12
Uhhh Yeah after talking to jan about too much power I want to repost my current room measurements. I think that definitely might be the wrong recommendations for my room. My TV is positioned at a diagnal viewing in the corner.

Height = 8
Width = 17
Length = 13
1768 Cubic Feet is about right.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3948
So you are saying that VTF Mk3 might work?

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3949
I meant VTF2 mk3.

Bronze Member

San Jose, CA USA

Post Number: 13
Art,

I am an audio newbie. This is my first surround system I have ever owned. I plan on learning a bunch. The gear I mentioned is being shipped now. :-)

If you think it will work I can definitely look into it. Dr Hsu is supposed to get back to me with his recommendation as well.

Thanks for the help.
Danny

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12858
I think you have an awesome system.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3952
It is a very nice setup. Dr Hsu is very good with his recommendations. I've had occasion to speak with him several times. Hsu subs are excellent values and you really can't go wrong. The website shows that new Mk3 VTF 2 has serious output at an unbelievable price. Your room is very similar to my living room (which in my small home is also the listening room) which is 18x14x8. The old VTF 2 shook this house so the new one would be scary.

Bronze Member

San Jose, CA USA

Post Number: 14
Thanks Berny.

I owe it to the members on this forum. I have received great advice from such knowledgable folks such as yourself. I originally went down a different path and with some steering and weeks of research I found a system more suitable to my own liking. Ended up being way more money than I originally anticipated but hey what the hell we only live once and we can't take the money with us!

I still feel pretty clueless but I plan on setting up the system myself and reading the manuals a few times until I feel pretty confident and know my system inside and out. To me that is the fun part. I have been around electronics all my life but mostly computers (I custom build them for myself every few years or so). I never really had a passion for audio until recently.

Thanks,
Danny

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12859
That's great man, we could use your talents in the computers forum. You should visit it sometime.

Bronze Member

San Jose, CA USA

Post Number: 17
I talked to Dr. Hsu for quite a while and he recommended the VTF-3 MK 3. I will place it directly behind me.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5798
One word. Depends.

The wearable type!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us