Help with my Marantz SR9200

Username: Ten7suited

Post Number: 1
Hello. I just received a used Marantz SR9200 for my recently upgraded home theater. I'm using it with Monitor Audio RS-6's, RS-LCR, Velodyne sub, and Bose 301's as surrounds (I know I need to upgrade the bose). Anyway, I have spent the last 3 hours trying to get the receiver to make a sound to no avail. I have never had a problem setting up a stereo before and simply don't understand what I'm doing wrong. It can't be the speaker connection because I don't get sound out of headphones nor active sub. It can't be the source connection because I don't get sound out of any channel when using the test tone. Everything seems to work perfectly with the crucial exception of getting any sound (note that receiver is displaying visual recognition of source inputs, separate channels, etc. While I'm willing to accept the notion that I got ripped off on Ebay, I find it odd that despite no cosmetic defects, no signs of abuse, and every other feature seemingly functioning perfectly, I can't get the thing to make a sound (not even through the headphone jack). I'm hoping that I'm simply not doing something correctly in the set-up. PLEASE HELP. Thanks.

Username: Ten7suited

Post Number: 2
By the way, the mute button is Not on.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us