JL Audio steps into home audio

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 514
Has anyone heard the new JL audio F112 or F113 home subs. I have read two very convicing reviews from Sound & Vision and The Perfect Vision, each one stating that these subs are some of the cleanest, most powerful subs on the market.

I love the look of them, just wondering if anyone has any experience with them.

Supposedly they have a 3" woofer excursion which is almost scary, maybe not as scary as their 115 pound frame though!!!
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1361
Dunno, but the w7 frame is a solid performer and should do awesome. The double one is sick.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3871
Though I pay no attention to Sound & Vision I too have read very convincing reviews and commentary on that sub. The ones I had in my car back in the were quite nice. I'll never have the money to find out about the one above, not in my home anyway.

Silver Member
Username: Jethro

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 156
these subs are the real deal. I heard the f13 in a listening room combined with b&w 803D's and was absolutely amazed. It sounded great with high class speakers, blended well etc... 10 or so years ago, I had JL audio subs in my car bla bla bla, and so going to my dealers and seeing that they have broken into the "home" market with their subs; I was more than skeptical. However, they had the f13 sub and also the b&w 855 in the same room (it was a 5.1 setup 803d htm3d? and the 800 series wall mounters) and I would have purchased the f13 in a heartbeat if I was in the market. Listen to this beast if you have a chance, so tight and powerful and I didn't expect it at all.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5612
How are these subs pricing out?

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3872
3k I believe.

Silver Member

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 158
it has a 13" woofer! 130 pounds. automatic room optimization, comes w/ mic. jl audio designs and manufactures its own woofers in florida.

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1363
I have a 12" w6v2 jl sub in the car and it slams. God only knows these will hammer

Silver Member

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 168
well, if their first run at home audio doesn't

cut it, they won't hesitate to go at it again

given their reputation. They will get it right

and be a force to be reckoned with imo, if they

haven't done so already.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA