Infinity Bu-120 Powered Subwoofer

Hello, i'm new here and was looking for a little help. I'm having problems with my powered subwoofer. When I plug it into the wall it starts a rapid poping noise. The sub is fine and not blown, when I disassemble the unit and unplug the wires going to the speaker i can hear the poping on the circuit board. Any idea what could be causing this? Is this worth fixing or should I just purchess a new sub, thanks alot for any available help on this!!

Derek
Something is wrong with the amp of the sub. Have it fixed.

I have the same problem but i am in mexico

You probably have a bad capacitor. I had the same problem and a new cap fixed it.

What capacitor did you have to replace?
I had the same thing go on mine, the cap blew up!
What was the value you had to replace. I'm guessing a 100uf 35v or was it one of the power caps that went bad?

Anonymous
My powered sub seems to pop everytime I switch the channels with the remote,it also does it when I am watching a DVD and I press the rewind or fastforward button. I use to have my TV service through cable and never had this problem but I have recently moved into my new house in which I have my serive through Satellite, when I set my system up again this is when I noticed the pop in the sound.

Any advice would be great.

cheers

ct602
Blown cap. This is a known problem with the 120. Check out audioreview.com. You will find 40 + people with the same problem. The fix is a larger capacity cap. Mines was replaced with a new unit, after coming back from the repair shop non functional. I ended up giving the sub to a friend and buying a Velodyne CHT-15. Much better!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us