Just bought plasma, having trouble with DVD sound

Username: Broomulack

Post Number: 1
I realize in advance that this is a total rookie question, and I apologize. I have gotten everything to work beautifully except that DVD sound. Here are my questions:

1. Do I still need to use the A/V connections even with an HDMI connection?
2. If the answer to #1 is "yes", then what input do I put it into? I currently have the DVD player in HDMI 1, and the A/V cables in the same. I haven't gotten the sound to work no matter what I do (other than just setting it up with components).

For the record, this is a Panasonic TH-50PX600U television and a Denon DVD-1730 player.

I appreciate any help you all can give me.

Thank you.

Silver Member
Username: Mike3

Wiley, Tx USA

Post Number: 240
Rob,

I am not familiar with either your DVD player or your plasma set. I have a Visio Plasma with a Samsung DVD player. My DVD player has set up options for stereo, Surround, etc. It also has a PCM option. I will assume you are not using a HT surround sound set up since you did not indicate so in your post except for the "setting it up with components" comment.

You do not need A/V cables. Try stereo output for your DVD's Audio Set Up and do not select DTS when loading a disc since you are not using a DTS capable receiver.

Since you "have gotten everything else to work beautifully" I am making the assumption that you have not turned off or muted your TV speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us