Orb Audio Mini Speakers and Sub

Username: Stoofpilot

Post Number: 4
Not sure which forum I should ask this question. I have a 10 year old Rotel amp, preamp and tuner and have moved it in to my home office. I am looking for a small package-speaker and subwoofer combination. Has anyone seen, owned or know about the Orb Audio Mini 2 and 8" sub-woofer.

Would appreciate any comments or alternative suggestions.

Bronze Member
Username: Gavdawg

Post Number: 94
I have heard the orb speakers. I thought that they sounded great for the size, with fairly extended highs, and the blend between the woofer was fairly even with the sats.

I haven't heard them in a while (last time I went down to NYC). But, they are a good speaker system if you like the looks and size.

Username: Mcbry227

Post Number: 3
I second that...see my comments on the thread in HT section. The Orbs are great. I love the sound, my wife loves the look, and everyone is happy. Almost every visitor to our house that hears them leaves the house saying they are going to buy them, and many have followed up and done just that.

Bronze Member
Username: Phrapp

Post Number: 17
How do they compare with the Infinity TSS1200's or TSS1100's? Blow out of water or slight differance, no one answered my question below.

Post Number: 5
Orbs all the way.

Username: Skydlz

Post Number: 2
hi i had heard that they are better than bose am 15 so can you comment on that comparison as i was considering orb over the bose setup with my pioneer elite 84 thx

Post Number: 6
I don't think there is any doubt they are better than Bose and a better value. I personally feel that way and everything I've ever heard online points in that direction as well. I'd say Orb makes a living eating the crumbs that fall out of the Bose machine and from those who are smart enough not to jump in it in the first place. They've got a really "big" sound, great detail at high and low volumes and bass from the Super Eight is excellent. They are also really nice looking and well built. Orb is definitely a case of the company being as good as the reputation. I've sent them a few emails and they've responded in minutes each time, even in the middle of the night on one occassion.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6296
It's pretty hard to ignore that much enthusiasm.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us