Turntable-preamp-mixer-stereo setup NEED HELP!

Username: Nikzf

Post Number: 1
ive just bought a behringer vmx300 and when i hook everything up from my turntables to my preamps to my mixer and then my stereo system i cant get any sound out my stereo. I can get sound out my headphones when theyre plugged into the mixer and i can get a sound out my stereo when it is plugged into the preamps and individual turntables alone. but the only sound i get when its all hooked up seems to be playing quietly from the stylus!?!? please can anyone tell me if im missing something obvious as i am new to all this, cheers

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5453
nicki, I cannot for the life of me figgure out how you are new to all this, yet have multiple TT's mixer and a stereo.

Anyhow, your TT preamp is not mixed into your mixer inputs.
Use the tape loop to re-introduce the TT inputs.

If this does not make sense to you, you may have too much stuff.

Good luck!

Username: Soundabout

UK

Post Number: 3
Hi Nicki
Have you got the PFL buttons selected. If so, this would only allow you to listen via headphones. Make sure PFL is not selected, take the output from the main out and increase the levels on the input and output faders - it should work?
Hope you get it sorted

Username: Nikzf

Post Number: 2
Thanks to both of you, it wasnt the pfl buttons, but i have sorted it now!
jst so it makes sense to you Nuck, by stereo i mean my old hifi system i got when i was 13 and all my equipment is second hand. precisely because i am new to this, desperate to learn and relatively skint i thought it silly to shell out 40 for a numark dm950 mixer when from doing alot of background research chances are it would need replaced before the year is up. i went for the behringer as a safer investment and so far im very happy with my choice!
cheers for you help!

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5521
Very good then, Nicki, your research will reward you.
And yes, it makes sense now.
Hey, I'm a slow learner!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us