Q;How much for used Rotel RB991?

Username: Mmg_fan

Post Number: 1
Hi
i'm considering a purchase of a used Rotel RB991 with 1 year warranty remaining.

Will this be a good match for Megnepan MMG's?

How much should I be willing to pay in candian or us dollars?

Thanks in advance!!

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3808
When I saw the heading on this thread I couldn't wait to get here and sing the praises of my beloved Rotel. I used to own the RB981 and just loved it with my Paradigm speakers....then I bought Maggies.

An important consideration for you is what you are using for a pre and for a source. I found when I was using all Rotel gear it sounded pretty good but when I added an NAD cd player to the mix it was so bright that I couldn't sit in the same room with it.

If you call Magnepan they are very specific about what they like to see in an amp...."high current we like to see that it doubles it's power output into 4 ohms". Well that ain't Rotel and it really isn't necessary but the better and cleaner the amplification the better it works with Maggies.

So what am I saying...I don't know, I forgot...oh yeah if you have a source and pre that compliment the Rotel I think it will work just fine if not...ouch.

That said...just to be a hypocrite...I'm considering buying MMG's again for an occasional change and I have a 60 watt per channel integrated. BTW Jim I used to own SMGa's, MMG's, and MG12's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us