Wiring or CC

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 755
Ok, I'm not too sure if I should add my other back speaker as a second back surround or not (it's the same one as the back surround). If I do, I don't know if I should use Parallel wiring and switch the impedance switch on the amp, or go series and have the higher impedance. I'm not exactly sure how the impedance switch affects higher impedances. I'm also not sure how having an 8-16ohm impedance would affect the max volume in the back if I didn't use the impedance switch.

I also have the choice of using the speaker as a center channel right under the TV until I get a dedicated one that's shielded. My problem with this one that's not shielded (it's right against the bottom of the TV and not affecting picture) is when I tilt it a little bit the magnetic field gets into the TV. Like I said, it's fine as long as I keep it level.

I hope to get an OK CC soon. Probably around $300-400 retail is all I could do with a B&W or Paradigm (MartinLogan as well, but I'm pretty sure they don't have a center channel that cheap).

If it's not that brand then $150-200 retail is my max. I might raise the budget later when I can.

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 760
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/113978.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us