Anyone hear these speakers

Username: Jaycuba

Post Number: 1
i know ppl in this site dont realy like the bose speakers.but i was wondering how the newer ones sound 'am10 series 1v'..maybe they have improved the speakers i dont know ..if you have listened to these please tell me about them..im intrested in them cuz there small.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12234
The sound did not change from the older series. Listen for yourself, who knows, you might like them. I still find them lacking in detail and no punch on the subs. I don't hear any improvement.

If you get the chance check out Orb speakers...if you want small speakers, these ones are hard to beat.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1803
One of the worst things about the old 10 was the passive sub. It made life difficult to setup correctly and you never really got the right result. If the new 10 still has the passive sub, I strongly recommend you save up some more for the next set up (the 15?) which has the powered sub.

Regards,
Frank.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9615

I really can't count the number of times Bose has changed a model number, without making serious revisions to the product itself, simply in order to charge more. There are better products for your money.

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 352
Acoutsimass 16 is the newest modle ? I dont like how it doesnt give you any real specs. Now if I remeber right theres something my Kef That has some really tiny satelites and sounds good

Here they are

http://www.creative-audio.co.uk/KHT2.htm

Might suit your needs

Bronze Member
Username: Gavdawg

Post Number: 75
All the newer Bose Acoustimass HT (6,10,15,16) that have a SLOT PORT in the front, not the round hole, are powered.

the older acoustimass 15 with the round hole for a port was powered

the newer ones all sound slightly better to my ears. the voice coil leads in the sats are opposed from each other, instead of being on the same side, this gives the speakers some stabilility. The older series sounded brittle in the highs, whereas the newer series sounds slightly cleaner. This is possibly due to the opposition of the leads.

I would still not reccomend these speakers for a large room, as they are after all small speakers.

Better options exist, but the powered woofer rectifies one of the obstacles that this system had previously, and the new sats play slightly cleaner than the older series. I wouldn't use them for serious listening, but they are improved, and are not the terrible speakers they once were.

Are they worth the price... that is up to you. In a small to medium sized room, they very may well be.

Other options worth considering are:

Paradigm
klipsch
wharfedale
nsm
jbl
mordaunt short
infinity
polk
boston
athena
orb

these are just a few names, and many others exist. They all have a different sound, and are useful for finding out what you prefer and dislike. Most of these speaker manufacturers make designs that are comparable in size to those from Bose, and may even outperform them.

I am not going to tell you what to do, nor am I going to tell you my personal preference. However I AM going to tell you that if you like the size and performance of the Bose, than it may be wise for you to order them for yourself, and do a comparison. Bose offers a 30 day in home trial, and if you arent satisfied, send them back.

During this itme, you can go to a dealer, and compare the sound of the Bose to that of the other speakers mentioned above.

One issue, orb is an internet only company, available at www.orbaudio.com. If memory serves me correctly, they have a similar guarentee.

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Post Number: 158
what did you decide to do jay?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us