Recommendations, suggestions or advice??

Unregistered guest
I'm hoping that someone can recommend or suggest a new pair of speakers for me. I've been listening to Bose 901 (Series 2) speakers for many years. And I've really enjoyed the very wide field of sound that they're capable of producing. But they've required some sacrifices. I've always had to arrange my living/listening rooms with the speakers' direct/reflecting placement in mind, and I haven't always achieved good results in some apartments that I've resided in even when I've used the best possible speaker placement. Additionally, those 901's usually require a fair amount of power.

I'm interested in speakers that can produce a similarly wide field of sound but which aren't nearly so dependent upon room placement, especially relative to having to rely upon side walls for their performance.

I listen to classical music, mostly, and sometimes to classic rock and jazz. I also listen to organ music, so any speakers that you'd recommend or suggest will have to be capable of handling some power, even if I eventually add a subwoofer. And relative to a price range, I'd prefer to spend not too much more than $1000 (and spending less than that is quite alright!).

Thanks in advance for your responses.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us