Choose between Shanling T-80 and ShengYa CD-10

Username: Mjmlvp

Netherlands

Post Number: 1
Hi all, I just registered to this nice audio forum.

Does any of you have listening experience with both above mentioned cd players?

The noise figures etc, are better for what Shanling mentions for their T-80. But the figures are probably more on par with the CD-10 in regard to normal cd playback.

For normal cd playback, is any of the two clearly superior? Because quality of normal cd playback is the most important to me.

When they don't differ to much, I'll probably go for the T-80, because for little more money you have as an extra a quality sacd player. And I like that the T-80 can be hooked up to a power-amp directly, without a preamp in between.

Thanks,
Martijn

Bronze Member
Username: Music4life

KowloonHong Kong

Post Number: 21
I have the T-80 and I am satisfied with what it can give me for the price I paid. Right out of the box 2 parts you need to upgrade which is so easy. The 2 tubes needs to be replaced by WE396A (very cheap upgrade), and the 3 IC's (opa 2604) to either opa 2134 or opa 2227. If you can shell out some more dollars, better use six opa 627 on a 3 brown dog adaptors (insert 2 ICs on each adaptor).

Netherlands

Post Number: 2
I bought the T80

I orderd some opamps to try;

About the tube upgrade however, what do you mean by a cheap upgrade?

One of the few shops I can find that sells this original western electric one, sells 'em for eur 80,- or about us$ 90,-
http://www.tubeampdoctor.com/product_info.php?products_id=907

Where do you get your tubes?

How about the Tung Sol/USA 2C51 that they sell for half the price? Does it perform as well as a we396a?

Thank you,
Martijn

Bronze Member

KowloonHong Kong

Post Number: 22
Oooops sorry if I used the price here (Hong Kong) as standard. I got my 2 WE396A for only US$56 and US$14 for the 3 ICs. Not so sure about the other tubes. You can use RCA 5670, GE 5670 or Sylvania 5670 as well as upgrade.

Netherlands

Post Number: 3
What a great player! I thought it couldn't get better, untill I inserted some 2227's - that got rid of the somewhat thick bass I experienced at first.
And when I replaced the last 2227 by two opa827 - prototypes, the sound became even more detailed and clear.
I ordered some matched we396a's via e-bay for a good price- I wonder if it really can get any better...

Perhaps all this happiness sounds a bit ignorant ('ofcourse it sounds better, what did you think') - but hey, i'm new to the high-end audio scene:-)

Thanks,
Martijn

Bronze Member

KowloonHong Kong

Post Number: 23
opa 827???

Netherlands

Post Number: 4
Yes, the new follow-up for the opa627 (superior in almost any regard, especially bandwith)

I ordered 2 prototype samples at ti.com

They are single opamps, but I used them with an adapter

In the future however, even a double device (opa2827) will be available.

Martijn

Username: Mr_hifi

Post Number: 1
Hello,

Sorry for stealing your tread for my own purposes. However, you guys seem initiated and might be able to give me some advice.

I received my new cd-player 5 days ago and have been playing it fairly heavy since (about 50 -70 hours so fare). It is a Doge 6 (http://www.pacificvalve.us/DOGE6.html) all/mainly tube output, 4 X 12AX7, 2 X 12AT7.

It plays with great depth and soul alright however so fare I lack a bit of the bandwidth of my old Denon DVD 3910.

Question:
1. Is it likely that further "running in" will open up any deep bass and/or sparkling high end? (I am a novice with regard to tub run-in time and procedure)?
2. If not, which actions (e.g. regarding new tubs) will easiest provide a more open and perhaps dry sound stage [compared with denon it is sweetening up things quite abit, however however this might be a thing to get used to after all rough treatment by transistors since young age...;-).... ]

Thankful for any advice!

//
Magnus
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us