Comparing speakers

Username: Quaintdreamer

TrivandrumIndia

Post Number: 9
Hi,
Has Someone heard Creek M 15 Epos and Wharfedale 9.6 Diamond?
I would like to know an openion on both speakers
Thank u

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9541

I like the way "Wharfedale" sounds. I'd buy them.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5073
More importantly, QD, have you?

Give us some impressions, your listening likes, and maybe the rest of your gear?

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1187
Jan giving buying advice!!!
What the h3ll is going on?

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9547

No, no, no, I just like the way the word "Wharfedale" sounds. It has nothing to do with the way the speakers produce music. Don't you think the word "Wharfedale" just sounds better than "Creek"? It's a bit like, "I own a Lambourghini and you own a Ford". Not enough syllables in the second to be impressive.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5077
Jan, Wharfedale has more than 3 letters.
Last week you liked only 3 letter names.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9552

I did?! No, I think I said I only recommend things with three letters (other than the four letter word "tube"). I'm not saying I am recommending the ten letter "Wharfedale", I'm just saying I like the way the word sounds. I have to admit, however, I would recommend a Lambourghini to anyone. So, you see, I have no particular bias toward double digit words. "Creek" just happens to fall in between three letters and double digit letters words and, therefore, just doesn't float my dingy. "McIntosh" also falls in between the numeric Rubik's Cube but I like the way it sounds. I would, therefore, suggest the OP save up and buy some McIntosh speakers. He can then say he owns a pair of "Mac" speakers which gives him the perfection of three letters.

Problem solved!

Now on to the next thread, "How large does my piggy bank need to be to save enough to buy some Mac speakers?"

Bronze Member
Username: Eleven

Pittsburgh, PA USA

Post Number: 52
Me, I'm partial to 2 letters with an ampersand inbetween...

M&K, B&K, B&W, K&B, T+A, C&C, A&W, M&M...

Although I never really did go much for D&D.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1778
The EPOS M15s require good electronics to make them shine. The Wharfedales are unknown to me since they do not sell in the UK. EPOS were bought by Creek as a speaker division to go with their electronics. The Creek/EPOS combination is thoroughly enjoyable generally speaking. I have heard the EPOS speakers on the end of other systems too and generally they're an enjoyable fun solution, but they do need an amp with drive and powwer in order to give of their best, otherwise they can become tubby in the bass and slow up. Traditionally EPOSs are not that easy to drive too, hence the power recommendations.

Regards,
Frank.

Username: Quaintdreamer

TrivandrumIndia

Post Number: 10
Hi Frank,
Very surprising! they don't sell Wharfedale in U K ? Wharfedale is British....
Regards
Calvin

Gold Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 1170
I'm surprised as well.
http://www.wharfedale.co.uk/dealers.php?PHPSESSID=47f4d4155361b3a68a7ccfbc6cf250 0c

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1786
In the Diamond series, they don't sell the 9.5s, just the 9.0, .1, .2. As far as I know anyway...!

Then we get the Evos etc.

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member
Username: Steve_g

Charlotte, North Carolina United States

Post Number: 15
I currently own the Diamond 9.2 and have found this speaker to be a bit dull. I have heard the same about the 9.5. I will be upgrading to the Totem Hawk in about 15 days and I'll be able to tell you the difference.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us