Anyone tried the Isotek GII Solus or similars products?

Bronze Member
Username: Carlos_m

Great YarmouthEngland

Post Number: 16
After I moved for the house where I live now my sound system doesn`t play well.
Some times it sounds with more bass, other times with more treble and sam times very well.

I suspect it is contamination in my electricity and maybe the Isotek GII Solus or similars products can resolve my problem.

Thank you for your help

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 288
Well it could be your room...
Hmm England...It very well could be a power issue...

Silver Member

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 289
Watch out for posting so many times!!!!

Bronze Member

Great YarmouthEngland

Post Number: 17
sorry I did mistake

Bronze Member

Great YarmouthEngland

Post Number: 18
sorry about my english. I`m living in Enland but I`m not English.

Bronze Member

Great YarmouthEngland

Post Number: 19
Sorry again I wanted say England not Enland

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5018
Carlos, your English is fine.
I would agree that speaker placement and room treatment are more likely than a power issue.

Move things around a bit.

Bronze Member

Great YarmouthEngland

Post Number: 20
Hi Nuck, thamks for the post.

The problem what I have isn`t constant because the same cd which my system is playing very well
now, might play very bad 2 or 3 hours after and this happens with all my sources.
This happens with my system warm up or cold.

Bronze Member
Username: Manc

Post Number: 23
Sorry not tried any mains conditioners but I think most dealers in the UK will let you try mains conditioners at home as they realise it does not always help.

Hope you get it sorted.

Bronze Member

Great YarmouthEngland

Post Number: 21
Hi folks, merry cristmas and happy new year!

Bronze Member
Username: Manc

Post Number: 24
Yep enjoy and best wishes for the coming year to all on here.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1780
Carlos,

I believe you are right in identifying the quality of the mains as your problem. The Isotek is one of the better solutions at the price. However, I am not a big fan of mains conditioners because I think they bring downsides as well as upsides.

Check if the system always sounds bad at similar times or if there is something 'going on' whenever it sounds bad. There's a possibility you'll find one of your household devices such as a computer or washing machine is the culprit.

What else have you got connected to the same ring main as the HiFi? Many people have problems with Christmas lights causing pollution of the mains for example. Computers are also very popular mains polluters. Occasionally, a fridge will turn out to be the cause even though it's in the kitchen! When it next sounds bad, try switching off one appliance at a time until there's nothing left. If there's nothing left and the sound is still bad, it's coming from outside the house...

Regards,
Frank.

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1781
And check your fuse box! Make sure it's in good condition.

Bronze Member

Great YarmouthEngland

Post Number: 22
Hi Frank, thanks for the post.

I was cheking my fuse box, I took out my fuses and pluged it again and now my sound system is singing again. The sound improved in all areas.

I`m going to buy something to clean the fuses, the house is very hold and probably the fuses too.
Thank you very much for your advice, because of you I saved a lot of pounds.

Best regards

Carlos

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1795
Carlos,

There is some discussion about different fuse boxes sounding different (I know it sounds crazy). Be careful with that fusebox of course, but if you use a good contact cleaner which leaves no residue you should find that things will improve a bit. The question is whether this fusebox is causing the variation in sound because the fuse holders have loosened over time. If so, this is a fire hazard and you should get an electrician in to look at it. Now, a new fusebox with MCBs rather than fuses will cost you around £150 to have installed. It's safer and has the very nice feature that relays just switch off on overload rather than blowing fuses. I have an old house too and I replaced the fusebox when we had a new cooker installed. I didn't perceive a significant difference in sound quality in my system, but I have lost count of the times I have had to switch on the relays after an overload (usually when a bulb has blown). It's something worth thinking about if it's your house.

FWIW, I'm told by more than one reliable source that the best sounding modern boxes are made by Memera.

Regards,
frank.

Bronze Member

Great YarmouthEngland

Post Number: 23
Frank,

My diagnosis was premature,it is playing bad again. At moment I don`t have a multimeter at home but I`ll get 0ne and mesure my electricity at home. Some times it the volume in the sound also increse. Is very stange isn`t?

Regards,

Carlos

Bronze Member

Great YarmouthEngland

Post Number: 24
By the way Frank, the problem which I`m having, do you think it can be my amplifier? Because the problem happens with any source.
The amplifier is a Nad c320bee.

Rgards,

Carlos

Gold Member

Post Number: 5136
Carlos, try new bettries in the remote if the volume changes, and clean it the spring pins.

Bronze Member

Great YarmouthEngland

Post Number: 25
Nuck, Can you be more especific please?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5153
take a piece of sandpaper and lightly scuff the metal points where the batteries touch the remote.
Touch the battery ends as well.

Bronze Member

Great YarmouthEngland

Post Number: 26
Nuck, my remote is working fine

Bronze Member

Great YarmouthEngland

Post Number: 27
Today I was turning de volume control to the right and to the left many times and it seems to improve the sound.
The volume control nevar was cleaned.
Do you know if it is easy to clean? And how? I mean inside.

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1814
Carlos,

Volume pots tend to be sealed tight (so they don't get dirty as much as possible). I still think your primary culprit is likely to be the fusebox. If it's old, it's less likely to be making that good a connection, and your description of the problem ties in with this kind of issue.

Of course, it could be the amplifier, but this is less likely in my view.

Regards,
Frank.

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 285
One thought would be a decent quality UPS/Battery backup. Something from APC for example will perform voltage correction, line filtering, etc

Bronze Member

Great YarmouthEngland

Post Number: 28
Hi people, sorry because I was long time without give news but I wanted make sure about what was happening with my sound system.

I took new conclusions about the problem which I have.

When I`m listening music with the volume control at nine o`clock position or above the sound is ok but, if I turn de volume control to the left and listen under nine o`clock, 10 minutes after mor or less the sound becomes thin.

Maybe I didn`t realise that before because I didn`t have a baby at home and I allways have listened music louder.

My conclusion now is that, the amplifier doesn`t work very well at low volume.
Now I`d like to ask you, is it comum with other amplifiers or, it just happens with Nad 320bee?
And about the Nad 352, it has the same problem?

Thank you for your help

Carlos

Gold Member

Post Number: 5580
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=1&post=778691#POST778691

Bronze Member

Great YarmouthEngland

Post Number: 29
Nuck, thank you very much

Regards,

Carlos

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1886
Carlos,

I don't want to ruin your day but...

Low level listening is as much about your hearing as it is about your system's ability to resolve detail with very little power. Some are better at it than others. Also note that at very low volumes, people's hearing doesn't resolve bass and treble as well as at medium volumes. Therefore, it's entirely possible that you can't adjust to the low-level hearing scenario. (Sorry!)

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member

Great YarmouthEngland

Post Number: 31
Hi folks my problem finished.
Four days ago the electricity company changed a eletric cable which gave electric energy to my house, because that cable was in bad condition and now everything works fine.
My sound system works very well now in any volume low or high.
Everything on music sounds as it should be and my conclusion now is this, our sound start on our electricity quality.

Any way, thanks for your help

Best regards

Carlos

Gold Member

Post Number: 5743
Thats great news, Carlos!

Gold Member

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 1085
"How about dem Colts?"

Bronze Member

Great YarmouthEngland

Post Number: 32
Andre, What do you mean?
Can you be more specific please?

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12745
Disregard Andre's comments, Carlos. He tends to do random postings on people's threads. He is talking about American football and has absolutely nothing to do with your post, nor was it intended to be of any help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5757
This is a recording. Beep.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us