NAD 325BEE volume control

Username: Turnrightcough

Post Number: 1
Can anyone tell me - when using the remote to control volume - does the knob move in small increments or is it "all or nothing" where it goes from barely audible to too loud? I recently purchased a Rotel RA-1062 and am returning it because of this. I plan on checking out the BEE but won't bother if it has a jumpy volume control.
Also any comments regarding the sound would be appreciated.
I just auditioned a Cambridge 640A V2 and thought it was OK but lacked detail compared to the Rotel.

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 994
Most remote volume controls I've used seem to warrant a degree of care, though the one on my NAD C162 preamp is reasonably easy to adjust. Though this doesn't answer your question. Can't you have a demo somewhere?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4920
So Rick.
You traded in a Rotel 1062 and want to check out a 325 BEE, the absolute polar opposite to the the Rotel, and now like the Canbridge, but it ain't equal to the Rotel.

Why not test drive remotes instead of stereo gear?
Do you sit 150' away?

Dude, the Rotel is a nice piece, and the remote function has an online adjustability.

Post Number: 2
Yes I can demo but am just trying to eliminate as many candidates as possible. The reason I posted first is that I read another post in which someone complained about this problem with another NAD amp(not the 325)

Post Number: 3
Mr. Nuck

Actually I haven't traded in the Rotel yet. And I have no way of knowing that the NAD is the opposite of the Rotel as I have yet to audition it. I stated that I thought the Cambridge was "OK" as in "acceptable" but maybe not enough for me to pull the trigger.
The Rotel is detailed but somewhat harsh in the upper mids especially for my speakers. In addition it is a bit too dynamic for my small apartment. Like many people I know, I use my amp for TV, movies, as well as radio and CDs and like to be able to lower the volume gradually without having to jump out of my chair everytime there's a loud passage in a movie(explosions, etc) or musical piece. And DUDE if you can explain the "online adjustability" thing to me who knows I may just decide to keep the Rotel after all. }

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3734
Personally I'd rather have the Rotel.....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us