B&W CM7

Bronze Member
Username: Mike53

Post Number: 13
Has anyone heard the CM7, as well as the CM satellites and center speakers? I was curious how it compares to the 600 series.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1746
I have played with the CM7 relatively briefly. I think it's an ok product, but I think there are other stronger products at similar prices such as Dynaudio Audience 62, Totem Arro or Sttaf (depending on where you are), Focal JmLab Chorus 716V (fabulous for the money). Each of these manufacturers can complete the HT part of the system with these products very well.

The CM7 is more mature than the 602.5 and has better cabinet control and treble, but it still has problems with bass control and pace. The 603 is a bit of a bruiser and I prefer the 602.5 to it for this reason.

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member
Username: Mike53

Post Number: 14
Thanks, Frank, for the suggestions. I've heard the 603 but wasn't impressed. The B& 703 and 704 are very nice but out of my price range. The local dealer who carries JmLab didn't have the 716V available for audition. Locally, Dynaudio, Totem or Staf aren't available. I'll have to head south, to D.C., to hear some other manufacturers. Thanks again.

Mike
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us