Is a Sub a Sub? Boston Acoustics Sw10

Username: Kiefer02

Post Number: 7
I bought this sub back in about 1996. It's a 10 inch powered sub. Just bought a new Denon Avr 1507 Receiver, will this sub work well with it?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4762
Mike, a powered sub will work with anything. Just need a signal. If this a continuation of your other post 'redoing everything', then yes it will work. Is it desirable? Thats up to you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Thanks Nuck. It was a pricey sub years ago, and I think Im safe to say Bass is Bass, and it delivers good base so it's a keeper

Bronze Member
Username: Gavdawg

Post Number: 69
um... bass is bass to some people, but it can be boomy, tight, muddy, washed out, or any number of adjectives that I can think to describe it.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4770
Mike, Bass can be good or awful. How it integrates with your other listening is what matters.
I posted that the sub will function in it's intended manner, not the quality of the presentation. Bass is not just bass. It is the dude with the goatee pulling the band into groove time. It is Gedy Lee with a ripping low line in the middle of 'red barchetta' and it is the guy with the stand-up behind Elvis on 'don't be cruel'.
Bass ain't just bass, man.
I'm a drummer.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
understood. I'll keep my Boston for now, to me it delivers good bass
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us