Sound Staging... :|

matt
Im trying to figure out how to use the Cardas method of sound staging, my room measures 7.5'H 12'W 22'L. Using these formulas: RW x .276=Distance from center of the woofer face to the side walls and RW x .447=Distance from the center of the woofer face to the wall behind the speaker. Dipole or panel speakers cancel side waves, so a multiplier of .618 x the ceiling height will give you the distance from the rear wall.
RW is Width. I cant get it through my head about how to place my speakers, I jsut get confused about the whole concept. If anyone can help with this method or a new one that would great.
Matt

Matt
I forgot something. Adding on to my last post, whats the best sound staging for 5.1 and 7.1.

Matt

superfecta
Don't rely on that method,too confusing.What are you trying to do,install in wall speakers?If so,you need to get a SPL meter before you install anything.whole lot to use the meter than the calculations.If you have enclosed speakers you can move them around til you get the sound pleasing to you.Thats the best part, decide where you will be in the room and use that as your guide....

matt
Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us