Subwoofer suggestions

Greetings all,

Just wondering what the preference is of subwoofers for your entertainment center and why.

I've been using an Infinity BU-2 for about 4 years and I'm thinking about retiring the unit. It works fine, but I've noticed it tends to bottom out in movies when hit with a bit too much low end.

My family room is in the basement with a concrete floor (carpeted) and finished drywall in the room which measures about 10 foot by 11 foot. I use Klipsch Quintettes for my front and rears; a Bose VCS-10 for my center. I like the sound I get from those and have no intention of changing them.

I would like to pick up 2 matching subwoofers - budget is around $500-$600. Any suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

EnochLight

Superfecta
Can you get a matching Infinity model?That would be easiest,just add a split RCA patch cord and you will be set.My personal fav is JBL subs,10" is the size I have.Infinitys are not bad,so if you get another matching sub,it will take some of the load of pushing that one so hard all the time.

Klipsch will release their new line of subs that will be 2X the power of their earlier, incredibly popular KSW series. The design looks really nice. I can't wait to hear them. Give the place that carries them a chance to break them in before auditioning them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us