Bose 501 Series III

Username: Hdrider75

Post Number: 1
I have a set of Bose 501 series III, very old. one works great but the other crackles and pops. I had them reconed approx 15 years ago. I love them and want to keep them. Very little used over the years. Tried calling Bose, they do not repair any longer. Does anyone know of a repair shop in the Cleveland Ohio area, or I would fix them myself if I knew what to look for!
thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Gavdawg

Post Number: 37
call bose and ask them for an authorized service center in the ceveland area. Many times these centers are electronic equipment (speaker) stores that may be able to do the repair for you.

If not, they may be able to give you the number of someone that can do it. If you can have it repaired for a decent price, it may be worth it.

Keep in mind that both of the speakers will need to be re-coned to keep the sound similar. This is a typically inexpensive repair, and worth it to keep a classic speaker in top shape.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
if you reconed them yourself, you can find kits on ebay.

Gold Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 1133
Speaking of Ebay....
http://cgi.ebay.com/Bose-501-Series-III-Stereo-Speakers-Near-Mint_W0QQitemZ32005 4191789QQihZ011QQcategoryZ61374QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4701
Good one Tim.

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 286
They dont look bad but i hate the terminals

Good luck on fnding a repair shop

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
these actually are nice sounding speakers for Bose. I wish they still made a quality product.

sigh...

such is life.

Gold Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 1134
I know bidding on Ebay can be a pain but if the previous listing can be had for less than the price of paying a repair tech it seems worth the attempt.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4709
Or to have a fresh(er) pair, with some parts on the side...

Username: Hdrider75

Post Number: 3
I do love these speakers, they just don't make them as good anymore. thanks for the input. and I hate the terminals too. I did call Bose and they could not help me with any repair shops in the area. I will look for speaker/electronic repair shops in the area. I did find one, but they don't work on speakers, and they weigh a ton to be lugging around! thanks for everyone's help!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us