Need help for in-wall speakers for 18x18 great room

Username: James330i

Post Number: 10
hey guys,

i've decided that my cheap logitech 5.1 system will not cut it in my vaulted great room anymore (my good stuff is in the bonus room) and it's come to the point where I don't even want to play anything in our great room.

the vaulted great room is 18 x 18. Open floor design so it flows from the entryway into the kitchen. The 2nd floor walkway overlooks the great room as well

I need a starting place for some on-wall speakers that would do well in this living space? Small bookshelves will work as well. Anything that will complement the plasma TV which we have wall-mounted is what I am looking for
WAF is high as the decor of the living room is not too receptive of the "electronic-look". We chose a plasma in part because it is not-bulky and integrates well as part of the decor. Basically, I don't mind having compact speakers in the open but I don't want them to overwhelm the look of the room. I've crossed off in-walls as an option.

Budget is about $1000 for a 5.1 system. Subwoofer is not a problem as I can tuck it in the corner behind shrubbery. I thought about buying an SVS or HSU sub for low-end needs. The SVS satellite speakers are hideous though.

I started looking at Orb Audio but was told their system flakes out with big open rooms.

Any other speakers I should look at?

I'll be using a mid-end Yahama 5.1 receiver (2002 model)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us