HT for $500 Max

Anonymous
Yep, that's my budget. $500
1. What are your suggestions for an AV receiver and speakers to get?

Suggestions for receivers:
a
b
c

Suggestions for HT speakers
a
b
c

Just want something to hook up to my dvd player.

Anonymous
i've been looking for a reciever and speakers at around that price range as well. from what i've heard the kenwood htb504 is supposed to be pretty good, and i've also heard that sears will pricematch the online vendors down to $380 or something. it comes with the vr 507 reciever, that has all you'd expect in a reciever (dolby digital, dts, etc) plus pro-logic II and 6-Channel Analog Input, plus a subwoofer that i've heard is decent, and speakers, although i've heard that the surrounds suck. also, everyone says the provided speaker cables suck, so if you get it be sure to replace them.

other than that i haven't found anything really deceent for under $500. if you can increase your budget the jbl nsp-1 speaker package is supposed to be great, and it can be had for $300 w/ shipping from jandr.com. add a reciever like the sony sa-wm40 and a decent reciever and you'd have an awesome setup for the price, but it would be a couple hundred above 500.

if you really don't want to get the kenwood i think the only way you can stay within budget without getting complete crap is checking stores for open box stuff that has been returned from xmas, or going to ubid.com and other such sites to look for refurbished, discontinued or overstock items for cheap..

good luck!

Anonymous
i have a vr-507 and it works great! our system came with 1 sub, 1 center, 2 sides, and 2 backs. it was a little confusing setting up but it was well worth it! I think all of this was around $450 from Circuit City.

Anonymous
sorry i am the above writter. My Vr-507 can hook up a lots of stuff anything u ever wanted to hook up can be done with this baby!

Anonymous
check out the kenwood htb504 and the Onkyo HT-S650
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us