Which kind of receiver

Username: Johnrob69

Oklahoma city, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1
I want to play just music, i dont really care about home theater, or surround sound, is there a better type of receiver better for just that

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4612
The Outlaw R2150 stereo receiver is quite complete. It has high power, can drive difficult speakers, has a sub out with bass management and a phono section.

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 263
Nice last name

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1735
John,

The best is to separate into an integrated amplifier and tuner. There are two benefits to this:

1. Both tuner and amplifier are likely to benefit from the quieter environment in their respective boxes.

2. You'll get far more choice. Receivers fell out of favour in the 90s so your choices are fairly limited. there are loads of tuner and amplifier separates.

At this point it'd be question of budget...

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member
Username: Mike53

Post Number: 11
John, I've been researching receivers as well as tuners and integrated amps over the last few months. The choice of 2 channel stereo receivers is limited, as Frank pointed out. There are a couple very nice ones to choose from - check out NAD, Rotel, Music Hall, Yamaha, Marantz, Denon and the Outlaw, that Nuck mentioned. All are good choices it just depends on what options you require.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us