Programming DVR remote for Rotel Reciever

Silver Member
Username: Tommyv

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 115
I was hoping someone out there may have come across this same issue. I just got a new HD-DVR from Direct TV and I would like to program the remote to control the volume on my Rotel RSX 1057. When you go through the menu of the HD-DVR, Rotel is not listed as a brand of reciever. I called Direct TV and the lady basically told me I am SOL. I called Rotel and they said to try some different codes from other brands and one may work. Has anyone else run into this and do you have a code that will work?

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9329

What Rotel is telling you is they use "universal" codes that might be found in another manufacturer's remote. Kind of like your garage door opener operating the door across the street. Rotel can't tell you which codes work so you are stuck with trying random numbers to see if anything works. If you don't want to do this, you can buy a One-for All remote with learning capability. But it might not have room to learn all the codes you want in one remote.

Silver Member

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 117
I understand what Rotel said. I was just wondering if anyone had found a code that might work yet. There are alot of codes on there to try so it will take a long time to test all of them.

Silver Member
Username: Divin11112000

Michigan

Post Number: 109
Rotel is a UK brand right? Id start with any codes that are for receivers that originated in the UK and you may have better luck (less trials)

good luck

Gold Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 1117
What type of DVR receiver is used? And what type of remote?

In my set-up I have an Atlas remote and a Motorola PVR - to control the volume of my receiver it was all done in the remote.

Another aid might be to download and install the Logitech Harmony Remote software on your PC - The database of models is constantly updated and I have yet to find anything not in there. Add your receiver and see if it gives you the code. Or when I'm home later I can see if it lists it for you.

Silver Member

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 121
It is the new HR 20 from DirecTV. The remote is the one that comes with it and it just says RC34 on it. I was over at someones house yesterday helping him set up his surround sound and he had the new HD reciever but non DVR version. I was setting his remote to control his reciever which was an Onkyo and I noticed there was something called "code search" on his menu. When I got home I looked on mine and I did not have the same option for some reson. I called DirecTV again hoping I could get someone more helpful and I got a tech that gave me a step by step process to follow to cycle through the codes on the remote. It didnt seem to work but after a while Im not sure if he explained it to my correctly and since there is nothing up on the screen you almost dont know if youre doing it correctly.

Do you think the Logitech codes would cross over to this remote? That would be nice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us