Anyone know anything about KEF's IQ line of tower speakers?

Username: Cluelessonaudio

Post Number: 1
I am looking to start building a new surround system and I was first looking at audio towers. Having looked at several brands (polk, Boston, infinity etc.) and I eventually found KEF's website. I am unable to find a lot of information about their tower lines other then the prices and specs that they list on their website. Does anyone own KEF towers? know someone who does? I was looking at their IQ line, and more specifically the IQ 9 towers.

Does anyone have any advice on the brand or this line they make?

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1460
They are all reviewed well in the British mags,HI Choice,What HI FI made the IQ 5s their speaker product of the year,but take what they say with a grain a salt,because they made the Quad 11L thier 2 time product of the year and most american mags and some people on the other forums felt a lot to be desired.I owned the generation before the iQ,they had a nice immeiacey and imaged well with great midrange presence,but the topend wasnt the greatest,but this series is supposed to be significantly better,find a local dealer and go listen its the only way your gonna know if you like them or not,if you have anymore question holla back.

Bronze Member
Username: Sukhoi30

New Zealand

Post Number: 46
I heard the IQ7 and my impressions were that they are great with stereo imaging with sounds coming from either sides of the speakers on Def leapard's Hysteria, but (theres always a but) i could have been happier with more liveliness, also may be its just me but i think build could have been better though they look good.

Username: Cluelessonaudio

Post Number: 4
thanks for the info, hearing other peoples opinions are quite helpful, since no store near me has the IQ line on display for demo's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us