Harman Kardon (Receiver for HKTS 14?)

Username: Mkdhaka

Alexandria, VA USA

Post Number: 3
I am a newbee.I just bought a new Harman Kardan spearker systems (HKTS 14) from online. I was thinking about buying AVR 240 (which has great reviews online), but recently HK has discontinued that model and coming up with AVR 245,345 etc with HDMI. Since I started researching again and am very confused.

Now I am looking into Denon AVR 2806. So questions I have are followings:

1. Shall I wait for AVR 245 (is it worth it for $450)
2.Is my HKTS 14 be compatible with Denon AVR 2807?
3.Is the HDMI worth it as far as the picture quality?
4.What are some websites who has good deals on receivers?
5.Do you have any suggestion for any receiver which will be good fit with HKTS 14 (20-120 Watts per speaker). My budget is about $750.Mainly I am planning to use this receiver for Home Theater system to watch movies.

I would appreciate any feedback on this. As I said I am new and your feedback is very much appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Praetorian

Canada

Post Number: 442
I do not own a Denon, but was able to compare it along with a few other AVRs. In the end I chose an HK model, and have never experienced buyers remorse or the anything like it. I really enjoy its sound reproduction both for HT and audio.

As to holding out for a 245, well, cool go for it if you can afford it. If you are not all that fired up on a incremental evolution for 450$ then you can buy the 240 online at an authorised dealer, with a warranty or service plan intact. So to answerQ1, you do not HAVE to wait....

For Q2, with the exception of Bose crapola, most speaker systems can be mated with any AVR. As long as you have the connectors for plain old wire terminations on them, there should be no compatibility issues.

HDMI is fine for A/V, but I would be impressed if you could clearly ID which picture is HDMI/DVI, or Component (RGB).

Someone else can answer that better, he knows who he is...

Buy an HK AVR 635 online, should be around your budget.

Alexandria, VA USA

Post Number: 4
Michael thanks a lot! If I understood you right, the HDMI doesn't make much difference to the picture quality for the HD TV. I guess one of the advantage is having only one cable rather than bunch of cables for picture and audio. Do you own AVR 635? If yes, how is the performance? And what would be a reliable website to buy the Harman Kardon receivers. I also found a Denon AVR 2807 (little bit damaged) on Lets go digital website for $600 which I think is a great deal. Do anyone know about this one? And as Mike mention can anyone help me with HDMI vs Component difference little more? Thanks guys! I appreciate your feedback.

-Moe

Alexandria, VA USA

Post Number: 5
The AVR 645 by HK looks pretty good at $800. Is anyone own this one? This is a new one and has HDMI and the price difference with AVR 635 is about $150. Not sure if the price of AVR 645 will go further down soon. Thanks for any feedback.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us