Klipsch Sub

Bronze Member
Username: Fac3l3ss

Post Number: 27
Well I bought myself this new Onkyo CS-210(S) CD receiver, and a new 12" 150 watt Vector Research sub along with it as well. Anyways I like the sound of the stereo, but the sub kinda lacks and I'm looking into a new one and this is one of my choices, http://www.klipsch.ca/products/details/rt-12d.aspx I'm just wondering if this is a good sub to be putting big $$$ towards?

Gold Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 1135
thats a waste of money in my opinion. go with a company that is known for making subs. that is not a novel design so you can find many other companies that have similar designs with better quality implementation. if you want a nice sub for that money try looking into Martin Logan, REL, Vandersteen, or even Definitive Technology. Klipsch is a good speaker company dont get me wrong, but they are not know for their subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
yea my first klipsch product was their pro media 2.1 computer speaker system with the sub...i just fell inlove with klipsch products ever since thought they sounded great but i don't have a lot of experience with music products

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 244
Another company known for making subs..................velodyne.

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 245
NHT

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 246
paradigm

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 247
just to name a few.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1137
with a $2000 price window i would look for something better.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
well what are some of the best home subs for under $2000

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1960
The RT-12d is some sub though. Nothing to do with some of the low end offerings Klipsch has made available in the past. I'd love to have one.

It's expensive. You might not need such an expensive sub, depending. Hsu is known for quality on a sub. Also, I wouldn't call Paradigm a sub company; they are a speaker company and that's what they do best(and I'm Canadian).

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1138
well neither is NHT and their speakers arent all that great anyway. if you want lots of boom/sizzle go with SVS or def tech. something more refined i would go for REL, Vandersteen, Martin Logan. but as peter said, a nice sub can be had for less than half of you budget.

Bronze Member
Username: Heymaynard

Post Number: 25
I have a 12 Klipsch and love it. But it is just for Theater and not music if I was just doing music and did not get such a good deal I would have went with something else since it does get a little loose and sloppy. I agree def tech are good heard a super cube and for there size very nice. Also under 1k that I have seen.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us