Do I need anything else?

Anonymous
I'm a pretty big music fan, but i dont really have the money to put into a huge system (which i eventually plan on doing, but not for a few years). Right now i have a Kenwood VR-615 receiver. It has 100 watts per channel minimum RMS, at 8 ohms from 40 Hz to 20 kHz with no more than 0.7% total harmonic distrubution. (yes, i copied that out of the book). It is powering 2 JBL N38II speakers. They can handle up to 175 watts, have an impedance of 8 Ohms, a sensitivity of 90 dB, and a frequency response of 45Hz-20kHz.

With all that in mind, do you think that i need anything additional (mostly in terms of a HiFi amp) to add to my system so that my speakers sound louder, as well as maybe better?

superfecta
If you want it "louder",try adding a powered sub,that way it takes a load off your amp and speaker mains,so that would help with the overall performance.I would do that before i would get a new reciever or pre-amp-tuner and outboard amp setup.

Yes a powered sub will add great impact and a fealing of extra volume. Your speakers are not very sensitive though and could use some extra power. I don't know if your reciever has the neccessary pre-outs for external amplification. Also do not skimp on the wiring, you need as much of the power you have to get to the speaker and cheap wires with higher resistance will limit the sound and lower bass response.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us