Going from towers to books?

Username: Rttr

McPherson, KS USA

Post Number: 8
Back when I bought my Klispch Synergy F-3 towers and had them powered by a Pioneer 2 channel receiver, they were plenty good at the time. Since then I've made a lot of improvements to the components, I'm now running an NAD C162 preamp, C272 amp, and C542 CDP with a APC H15 power conditioner, now I find the speakers just don't have what it takes, I have had the F-3's running on the NAD pre and amp for about 9 months and just recently bought the CDP which has brought out so much detail which the entry level Klipsch Synergy can't handle.

So I find myself looking at bookshelf speakers for some reason, I guess I just feel like I don't need the bass. (but thats also the nice thing about bookshelfs is you can add a nice sub later and enhance that)

I've been looking at B&W 805S (I've heard 804's),
Monitor Audio GS10, and PSB Platinum M2's

Thing is other then the PSB dealer the others don't have any NAD components, and I'm not going to package up all the components and bring it to the dealer, so I can't really hear how the others are going to sound on my components.

Does anyone run MA Gold or B&W 800 series on NAD?

Username: Gavdawg

Post Number: 6
B&W 800 require some power from what I have heard, and your NAD might not up to it.

What is your budget? Keep in mind that speaker reccomendations will border on personal preference.

Before I give reccomendations, I would like to know your budget, in $$$, and what you value in music, such as a clean midrange without piercing highs, clean highs and clean bass possibibly at the expense of some midrange accuracy... stuff like that, as well as what type of music you listen to.

My guess is that if you are looking at B&W you already have a good idea of what sounds good to you, which is the reason for the 5th degree :-P
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us