New NAD receivers are out... T744 and T754... anything?

Bronze Member
Username: Fatelvis

Post Number: 52
https://dmc-electronics.com/AllProducts.asp

Has anyone heard about these? My hope is that NAD has improved on the various issues many experienced (including myself) with the previous series. I'm in the market for a new A/V receiver... so.... here's hoping for good things.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
Strangely enough, price of the T744 is rumored to be increasing from $699 to $799 November 1st. Price increase so soon after launch??? Seems odd, but confirmed through two dealers. I just put an order in for one (paid $595) from my local dealer, should have it in a week or so. I will post impressions here, if anyone's interested.

Bronze Member
Username: Jaw

Post Number: 54
Keep us posted.

Silver Member
Username: Dmeister

Post Number: 176
I'm more than a little disappointed that after three years they haven't made any meaningful improvements at all to either the 744 or the 754. And why even bother offering a 6.1 receiver nowadays?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
According to the description on dmc-electronics, which I assume comes from NAD...

"Starting with a revised internal layout and connectors, upgraded DACs and other key components further reduces noise and distortion."

So hopefully, this "revised internal layout" corrects some of the well-known issues?

My brand new T744 has arrived, will hook up this weekend and report back.

Meanwhile -- has NAD ever heard of *marketing*? The website makes no mention of the new models. And given the negative web publicity of their A/V line, you would think they would do a little more to distance the new models from the old. E.G., not T744, but perhaps an entirely new nomenclature... the NAD AV7000 or something.

And how about a little awareness generating activity? No Adsense, no banner ads, nothing in the magazines... lame.

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
And how about a little awareness generating activity? No Adsense, no banner ads, nothing in the magazines... lame.

Given that even the new 754 doesn't come with 7 channels, HDMI switching, room EQ, or any of the other features that have become "standard" over the past three years since the 753, I'd say that they really just don't give a damn about their receivers anymore. I guess they hope to sell enough of their Masters components to make up for it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
I believe the T754 has HDMI... or so I'm told. But I'll defend NAD on sticking with 6-channel on all but the 773 on the basis that most people are still using 5.1, and leaving the other two amps unused... completely against NAD's philosophy of no-frills gear. My 7240PE purchased in the late 80's had no remote... when every $100 JVC at the time did. Likewise with Room EQ.

Username: Trqsalam

Karachi, Sindh Pakistan

Post Number: 1
i have technosat 5500 problem is that when i go to input key in go to manager in conaz section for exaple

id 01 50 00

HEX key

B9 A6 A0 07 02 5F 90 6D DC ED CC A3 F4 E1 50 CD 08

but i found like that in my receiver
0x64
0xee
like this i found can u help me how i input or convert by soft plz reply me or email me at
tariq_salam@hotmail.com
i am looking yours reply

remote

Silver Member

Post Number: 178
I believe the T754 has HDMI... or so I'm told.

Not according to that DMC Electronics link...

But I'll defend NAD on sticking with 6-channel on all but the 773 on the basis that most people are still using 5.1, and leaving the other two amps unused...

What you're defending is the use of 5.1 channels, not the use of 6.1 channels. After all, wasted channels are wasted channels. And I agree that most use 5.1. However, with 7 channels instead of 6, those people could assign the back two to a second zone, which is a very useful feature.

completely against NAD's philosophy of no-frills gear.

There's a difference between "no-frills gear" and "no desire to sell gear."

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
LOL! Yes, NAD seems too interested in selling *no* gear sometimes.

NAD should consider simplifing the A/V receiver line. Maybe drop the T754 and T763 for a higher-spec 5.1 with HDMI and Torridal. The T773 would remain mostly as-is, but with Room-EQ.

Bronze Member
Username: Usernamex

LondonEngland

Post Number: 18
"Not according to that DMC Electronics link... "

I think the dealer has taken the T753 specs / blurb and edited it themselves. I have read this exact quote before, except it refered to the T753 vs the T752. Also the spec look like a jumble between when they dropped HDCD support for ProLogic IIx (when they released firware ver2).

I read far too much about the NAD av amps when I had probs with a demo model I bought - (NAD eventually swapped it for a brand new one, gotta love that!)

Cheers,
Mike

"The NAD T 754 is heir to many generations of award winning NAD designs. This exceptional pedigree is evident in both the look and the feel of the T 754, and it is unmistakable the moment you listen. Based on the highly successful T 753, the T 754 boasts detail improvements in virtually every area of the receiver, for a cumulative effect that is fully deserving of the new model number. Starting with a revised internal layout and connectors, upgraded DACs and other key components further reduces noise and distortion"

Bronze Member

LondonEngland

Post Number: 19
I mean look at the "quality" of the web site : )

I wonder if they're trying to sneak in a few pre-release orders just before the offical launch?

Username: Regula1

UK

Post Number: 1
Nad have just posted info on the T754 - from their website I can't see many differences between that and the T753 :-(

http://nadelectronics.com/products/av-receivers

Bronze Member

LondonEngland

Post Number: 20
haa!

oops just found that before seeing your post too, I have a nice big cup of shut the !"£$% up please : )

hmm, guess they may have upgraded the dsp? can't see any obvious changes yet...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
I've finaly hooked up the T744 and will be keeping it. Overall....

Hissing/Humming of the T743 is gone. I went through two T743s over a year ago and gave up. This is the biggest difference between the T744 and T743 that I can tell, and a welcome change.

Sounds just like the T743... maybe a little cleaner (without benefit of an A-B). Overall pleasant sound, very NAD, neutral & warm. Some love it, others hate it.

S-Video and Composite does not pass-through to the component output. This is a pain in the a&& and an oversight... I think most modern A/V receivers have figured this out by now.

More to come as I work the receiver through it's paces. Overall, it adresses the main issue with the T743's noise issues... so anyone that's been holding out can jump on the T7X4 series.

Bronze Member

LondonEngland

Post Number: 22
Hi Jeff, does the manual mention anything about the dacs/dsp? They're "upgraded", just wondering to what : )

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
No mention in the manual of the type of DACs being used. Subjectively, I couldn't tell a difference between using the internal DACs of the NAD vs. the analog outs of my Denon 2900. I was very pleased about that.

Silver Member
Username: Daniel_canada

Canada

Post Number: 198
Tight, keep it commin' Jeff.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
Update... sold the T744. Something was wrong with the DD processors... killing most of the low-end (and my speaker settings were correct). Plus, wasn't digging the mushy sound of the amp. I'm back to my vintage 7240PE for now.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5968
There are eight million stories here in the hifi city.
This is just one of them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us