Having trouble deciding which speakers to buy. Please advise

joe blow
Hi
I am looking for monitor speakers (altho it may be floorstanding eventually)under 1k$ for my stereo system. I'm using them 70% for music and 30% for HT. I'm using Yamaha RX-V2095 receiver with Yamaha 396 CDP and Toshiba SD-220E DVD player. My living room is 6 meters wide and 4 meters deep. I listen mostly to rock music and some electronic music.
I narrowed it down to 3 speakers: Dynaudio Audience 52, Triangle Comet and Monitor Audio Silver 6s (which is the only floorstanding in the bunch). I think all of them are good speakers and I'm having trouble deciding. Can any one advise me in this matter? Please refer to the speakers I've mentioned, I don't want to get any more confused by adding more speakers to the list.
Thank you.

I auditioned the Dynaudios as well as the Monitor S6 back in November. Initial impression was the Dynaudios were more dynamic, but repeated listenings made me decide I'd be happier with the balance and somewhat more reserved nature of the Monitors. Truthfully it's probably a matter of taste, but to me the Monitors always sound good and are not tiresome at all to listen to. As they break in they only get better and the detail is quite good. Make sure when you audition them that the salesman pulls the metal protective grills off the tweeters (theyre only held in place by the tweeter's magnetic field). The difference is night and day. With them off the imaging improves and they really open up.

Please let me know what you choose. My company just became a Monitor Audio dealer and I am looking for feedback on what people think of them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us