Bose repair HELP!!

Username: Loly

Post Number: 2
I have a Bose Accoustic Wave Music System that is about 4 yrs old, kids had a party left it out on the deck and got caught under a pouring storm, now obviously it does not work, cd player seems to be stuck in the up position and sounds like loud bumps that music does not come through any suggestions instead of sending it to Bose to repair, have no idea of what to do, this was an expensive piece and dont' want to spend more on repairs and shipping.HELP !!!!!loly@hotmail.com

Gold Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 1129
throw it out and use it for a bonfire.

Username: Rttr

Post Number: 3
I think your kids were trying to tell you something. Don't waste your money on overpriced snake oil.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4380
For what that POS cost, make an insurance claim and buy something good.

Username: Rttr

Post Number: 4
Just to throw another punch into the fight, how on earth does a Bose Wave Music System end up being the highlight of a party? That must have been some pretty boring party.

Post Number: 3
THANKS ALL OF YOU FOR THE GREAT HELP!!!!!
I truly do appreciate it ALLLLLLLLL

Bronze Member
Username: Agentsmith

Post Number: 13
Well... for a straightforward response...

There is absolutely nothing you can do. Electronics like that will absolutely not work after getting saturated with water.

Sorry, you have no alternative. Bose won't be able to repair it in a cost effective means either. You need to buy a new one... or something else

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4426
Insurance claim, LRod...and come back for a better idea.

Post Number: 4
thank you so much Agent Smith and Nuck for your proper answers and no FUNNY HAHA JOKES.....that is what I thought, it would not be any good,but I still wanted to try and ask with some hopes, but I guess not, once again thanks for your help

Gold Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 1133
have you ever heard of any piece of electronic equipment that would survive being drenched in water? jesus christ, i thought that was common sense!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us