Onkyo DX-C390

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 220
I;m in need of a cd player and this one fits what i want So i was wondering what you thought of it

http://www.us.onkyo.com/model.cfm?m=DX-C390&class=Compact%20Disc&p=i

I;v read that it thrives over the sony 5-disk

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 221
Bump

Silver Member
Username: Ravbains

MelbourneAustralia

Post Number: 294
Hi Kyle,

I don't have any experience of this CD player, but in recent times I have owned an Onkyo DV-SP800 universal player, which I sold. Based on positive experience with the SP800 machine, I now have a DV-SP1000 universal player in my 2nd system.

I have been quite impressed with the Onkyo's as audio players, in particular the DV-SP1000 plays CDs very well, and excels with hi-res formats IMHO. It is just a shame that I cannot find a lot of music to my taste in DVD-A or SACD.

But getting back to the point, I am impressed with Onkyo's digital source players, in particular they have impressive digital filters, using the VLSC circuitry to cancel out quantizing artifacts. As Onkyo say, I have found the VLSC equipped players to have a pleasantly smooth sound.

I don't know about your CD changer, but my DVD player uses Onkyo VLSC filtration mated to Wolfson 24 bit DACs. So pretty respectable overall.

Why not give the Onkyo unit a demo, I am sure it is worth a listen.

cheers
Rav

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 224
Man thats one nice Dvd player wish i could aford it but anywasy yea for 200$ i guess i cant go wrong i have read alot of good reviews for it and i allso like the Dv-cp704 Dvd player looks nice maybe allso give it a try

Username: Jekerrigan

Alvinston, ON Canada

Post Number: 1
I have an Onkyo DX-C370 CD Player, about 8 years old, I am guessing. It has been giving me problems the past year and the local little service man couldn't find any problems. But when I brought it home and loaded it up with 6 CD's, it did the same thing again. I hit Play, the tray goes in, although not quite all the way, the tray comes back out at you and you hear a CD drop. My husband opens up the cover and the dropped CD is down in the bottom.
Help! I can't seem to locate an Onkyo service centre. I live west of London, Ontario. Anybody know what could be happening? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5247
Hi Edna. I live over in Parkhill.
If the cover has already been off, repeat the load while you can see what's going on in there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us